How is everyone meeting Opeth?

I made this painting which was a tribute to Opeth:
ebb1fca7388607a3cf82252f499d80ea.jpg

Before the show I knocked on their bus and their tour manager Bo opened the door. I asked if Mikael was in and he said that he was sleeping. I gave my painting to him to give to Opeth.
I left about half way through Dream Theaters set, because I honestly couldn't take his high-pitched vox any more. :p I parked in the parking lot right by the tour buses so you'd have to walk past all of them to get to the car. On my way out I saw Martin Axenrot (who probably couldn't take LaBrie's vocals either :p) . I greeted him and I told him that I was the person who painted the panel that I gave to them. He told me that he loved it and he went back stage to get the rest of the band. Everyone else from Opeth (except Per who was still watching Dream Theater) came out to thank me. They signed my shirt and my copy of Morningrise. :)

General message. If you want to meet the band, give them free stuff. hahaha

I think I will give them my skull and brain I am currently making in ceramics class. Well it looks more like a monster skull. I hope they like it.

In my case it consisted of a 3 month stake-out outside Mike's house and generally following him around. I guess it all culminated when I mugged him a knife point. Good times.

ok I found out I needmy skull and brain peice at the end of the smester or else I will get an F in ceramics. I cant draw worth a fuck but Id like to give Opeth something if I met them. What should I make for them? Any ideas?

I WAS going to drop in to their record signing in Vancouver on Oct 4.

But I think it could be slightly painful. I mean, do the guys actually like to go through these ordeals with fans?
I don't want to show up and say the usual shit - you're my favorite band, blah blah - when they're probably wishing they were anywhere but there...

I just can't decide - plus, I'm 39, and it feels lame lining up with a bunch of 14-year-olds. Certainly my wife thinks so!

So I guess I'll pass - but they are my heroes in a sense. Love their music!

i met mike and martin mendez about 3 months ago(20th of june)after the concert...they're so pretty(especially mike=))...it was really good experience for me =))

I am in a tribute band with 4 friends. The promoter knows that we exist so right before the Quebec city show, we asked one of the crew if we could meet Opeth, he said he would ask the tour manager.

We stayed inside after the show and the crew guy told us we could stay so we did. We were 8 or 9 fans and we had to wait for an hour or so before we could see them for a bout 10 minutes. We shook hands, took a few pictures, had things signed and they left.

They were exhausted and were leaving for a 12 hour trip so they were quick, but still very nice.

I think the best way to meet them officially (by not stalking them) is to have a "good reason". Unless you have full of tattoos or anything, I don't think they'll let you meet them just because you say you are a great fan.

Anyway, it was great to finally meet them because we've been playing their songs for like 2-3 years and we always wanted to see them. It was memorable even though it was short.

Good luck to those who haven't seen them.

Nice thing. I'm from Quebec too, was it last show in Quebec city? Anyway, great night, and your tribute band, Lamentation, is awesome.