How is the music scene in your area?

I'm French Canadian yet i live in Toronto so you can imagine my envy at the lovely Quebecois scene.

Most Toronto bands SUCK (I can't emphasize it enough) what makes it worst is there's all these sheep who insist I should 'support the scene' I'm not gonna waste my hard earned money on medicore bands who can't write or play. What makes it worse was that in the 80s Toronto had agreat metal scene with Sacrifice, Anvil, Razor, Slaughter, etc

But we have some good bands (asides from those leftover from the 80s like Anvil and Razor)

Feral Horde (Black Metal) http://www.geocities.com/feralhorde/
Goat Horn (www.goathorn.com) One of my favourite bands at the moment. True old school spirit and awesome live!
Wetwork (Death Metal with a very evil (and sexy!) vocalist) http://www.wetwork.org
Blood of Christ (epic Metal) http://www.breedofchaos.com/
Rammer (Death/Thrash) http://www.rammer.ca

The Metal scene in Manchester is very much underated.

Manchester is home to the best British Black Metal band Hecate Enthroned and a good variety of Metal bands including:
Deadfall
Electrickery
Epitaph
Four Creations
Honey Monster Redneck Cuzin
Khime
Kill 2 This
Kranium
No One Knows

Life Sucks said:
I didn't know about Beyond The Embrace, or Maudlin of the Well, I haven't really heard of them. I still think Boston is more of a hardcore town that a metal town: Diecast are from Boston, as are Converge. Poison The Well are from Boston too, but that's not a good thing, as I hate that band.
Beyond the Embrace own :headbang:
I live in NH and well its fucking terrible here too, there isn't a music scene except for a couple of pop-punk bands and shitty metalcore acts...

Everyone round here plays in either a pop-punk/ska band, a nu-metal band or a shitty hardcore band. There's only two proper metal bands in the area, and one of them is mine.

Hmmm, no rap or hip-hop around here which kind of depresses me, I really enjoy the creative styles many fresh artists have.

We've got mostly punk, and most of them are pretty generic and boring, relying on common anarchy cliches and the like.

But we have two bands that really shine, Deformed By Darkness and Harsh Manner.

Deformed is a really raw and aggressive black metal band, real good friends with their drummer and guitarist, the latter being Steve Vai kicked in the nuts by black metal.

Harsh Manner is more straightforward thrash, really good, they are definately going places. They're still scraping together funds for their demo to be pressed and released, they have it recorded. If you want songs or a recent music video from a concert of them, PM me sometime when you can be on aim or mirc.

Ben_t said:
I live around 30 min away from Montréal (Québec) and there's good bands here...Cryptopsy, Martyr, Neuraxis, Kataklysm, Necronomicon, Quo Vadis...just to name a few. :)

In Montreal there's some really good shows once in a while. So I'm statisfied with the Montreal scene.
Nerver heard Necronomicon though...
Still, it seems like almost only we, Quebecois, enjoy our scene.
Most important of all, it seems that the underground is getting better and better. The Trois-Rivières Metalfests begin to kick some ass, can't wait to see which bands are going to be there this year.
I remember reading in the paper a couple of years ago that Quebec City had the highest Metallica album per inhabitant ratio than any other city in the world. Even though it's not extreme metal, it's better than to be kicked in the nuts !

I wish we had some decent ska-punk 'round here.

All horn players are either talented or retarded. The former generally already play jazz.

All I have to say about Atlanta Georgia is that it is one of the rap/hip hop capitols of the world, and that tends to not bode well for heavy metal. There is...one band I know of worth a damn in this city, called Ender's Game (www.endersgametheband.com I think i stheir website) and I like them quite a bit, I was surprised to find em. The band I'm in no longer plays shows, living a couple states apart, so we're no scenesters anyhoo.

Well, San Diego is mostly full of death metal, metalcore, and pop-punk. That's basically it. I think the biggest bands in the current metal scene here are probably Cattle Decapitation and Cage. And of course, we're probably most known for giving Blink 182 to the world. Yay us.

Phrozenspite said:
Beyond the Embrace own :headbang:
I live in NH and well its fucking terrible here too, there isn't a music scene except for a couple of pop-punk bands and shitty metalcore acts...
I live in Vermont, and it's saturated with a bunch of high-school faggots who think they're the greatest thing ever, since they have their very own shitty hardcore band. Hardcore is absolutely fucking retarded, and it's hard to believe anyone would want to even LISTEN to it, let alone play it.
grrrrr