How long have you been into Metal?

Holy shit, the dudes in Watchmaker are in their mid-30s? Man, those dudes convey the angst of a 16 year that never gets laid perfectly!

Reactions: Bloopy
JayKeeley said:
Ever heard Siouxie and the Banshees? :D
I might have heard one or two songs by them - didn´t they release a song called "Dear Prudence" in the eighties? -, but that was a long time ago. Are you going to tell me that Atrox and Madder Mortem sound like a copy of Souxsie And The Banshees? Hm, I just found a live version of a song called "Red Light" on the CD-sampler that came along with the June ´03-issue of the German Sonic Seducer magazine and put it in my CD-player. Doesn´t impress me much. It definitely doesn´t sound like Atrox. Madder Mortem? No, not really. The sound on "Deadlands" is definitely much heavier and more aggressive and Agnete´s voice is more powerful. But if you think it sounds just the same, you´re free to do so.

@npearce: Yes, I was 16 in 1984 and I am in fact 35 now - there´s nothing I can do about it. But it´s not illegal, is it? Or is there an age limit for people posting on U.M.?

Burkhard said:
@npearce: Yes, I was 16 in 1984 and I am in fact 35 now - there´s nothing I can do about it. But it´s not illegal, is it? Or is there an age limit for people posting on U.M.?

There are some UMers who are older than you.

Burkhard said:
Are you going to tell me that Atrox and Madder Mortem sound like a copy of Souxsie And The Banshees?
Nah man, I was just having fun with you because of my reference to Siouxie in the MM review. :tickled: Ignore my stupid English sense of humour.

*toilet flushes* :loco:

You ever see the Simpsons version of Married... With Children? Al and Peg are sitting on a couch: "Aallll... let's have sex!" "No Peg" then he reaches over to flush a toilet sitting next to the couch. Both of those shows kick ass.

npearce said:
... That means he's like 35 or something.
Since when did age make a difference to listening to metal? In 1984 I was only 13.

Do you really enjoy writing nonsensical posts or is it a practised habit of foot in mouth syndrome?

Int said:
There are some UMers who are older than you.
Did I claim to be the oldest?:confused: Well, either I didn´t get the irony in your reply or you didn´t get the irony in my questions.

Bunch of touchy little bitches around here. Who cares how old anybody is. Who cares if I want to make a comment about it.

I was in fact thinking it was cool that somebody older than JayKeeley was posting here now. But if Mr. Pussyfart (Burkhard) and Mrs. Dicksneeze (ChiefB) have a problem with it, they can take it up with my lawyer.

npearce said:
Bunch of touchy little bitches around here. Who cares how old anybody is.
I'm not touchy I'm just bored of listening to your irate comments on the RC thread. Remember, this is RC not AA.

Who cares how old anybody is.
Quite right, age SHOULD never be a concern nor anyone's business. It is all about the music.

Who cares if I want to make a comment about it.
By making a comment that is counter productive (like in other threads) you come across a) a Twat b) an idiot c) a closed minded fool d) a thread bore.

npearce said:
Bunch of touchy little bitches around here. Who cares how old anybody is. Who cares if I want to make a comment about it.

I was in fact thinking it was cool that somebody older than JayKeeley was posting here now. But if Mr. Pussyfart (Burkhard) and Mrs. Dicksneeze (ChiefB) have a problem with it, they can take it up with my lawyer.
Sorry if I offended you with my reply to your post, but what makes you think I have a problem with you commenting about my age/thinking it was cool that somebody older than JayKeeley was posting here?

Burkhard said:
Did I claim to be the oldest?:confused: Well, either I didn´t get the irony in your reply or you didn´t get the irony in my questions.

I'll be patient.

You said: "But it´s not illegal, is it? Or is there an age limit for people posting on U.M.?"

I said: "There are some UMers who are older than you."

In other words, age doesn't matter, not "wtf are you talking about, you're not the oldest member here, idiot".

ChiefB said:
I'm not touchy I'm just bored of listening to your irate comments on the RC thread. Remember, this is RC not AA.

Quite right, age SHOULD never be a concern nor anyone's business. It is all about the music.

By making a comment that is counter productive (like in other threads) you come across a) a Twat b) an idiot c) a closed minded fool d) a thread bore.
Actually, the types types of posts that always claim "it's all about the music" or "it's all a matter of opinion" or "to each their own" or some other thread killing shit like that are the most boring posts EVER. It comes across like you having nothing to say except some tired cliche. Your above post is one such example.

Dreamlord said:
Actually, the types types of posts that always claim "it's all about the music" or "it's all a matter of opinion" or "to each their own" or some other thread killing shit like that are the most boring posts EVER. It comes across like you having nothing to say except some tired cliche. Your above post is one such example.

If you're bored, go elsewhere. :Spin:

Besides, what do you have to say that is any better than some tired, old cliche?

Haven't heard much as of late.