How many of you blaze + Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of them died at young ages, so i would say yes

Haha...of the six people I mentioned, only two of them died "at a young age." Two of them are still alive. Seriously, how can you say that these people, who have made great contributions to both music and culture, had pathetic lives? It's ironic that you have an Alice in Chains cover in your avatar.

Anyways, opeth_353 already made any point I would have made, so...nicely done...

I have never tried it. Does that make me stupid?
No that makes you smarter imo

Since when has not trying/experiencing something led to anyone having a good idea of what something is like? All you can do is go along with what you've heard. And sadly, a lot of people talk from similar inexperience and act as if their opinion is the only one that matters.

I am not telling you you're dumb for not trying it, nor am i calling you smart. If you are simply not interested in trying it fair enough - i, nor would most users, try and push you to try it. I didn't try it because my life was so shit i wanted to escape it.. I was merely intrigued as to what the fuss was about. For years i maintained an anti-drug stance.. Never trying them just because.. they were drugs, and people had told me 'drugs are bad' ala Mr Macky from South Park! Then i decided i was able to make my own mind up. And i did. Drugs are not inherently bad. Of course they can become bad, but just the same as alcohol can become bad and so on.. Surely it is better to legalize them and establish and government production plants where they're grown under supervision, with regulations and so on.. and setting up legal stores where you can purchase them? It would allow for greater control of the drug contents - no chances of mixing the drugs with unknown or dodgy substances and less chance of being ripped off, a fair amount for a fair price. It would remove the criminalisation of using drugs - having drugs as illegal clearly is not a deterent as people still use them.. It would just remove the guilt society places on them, and mean that people would no longer need to go in search of possibly dodgy dealers. The money spent on enforcing drug prohibition could then be spent on educating people on 'responsible use' and teaching them to use only in moderation', along with improving rehab by researching into what necessarily causes the problems one can get, therefore allowing rehabs to provide more and better services for helping the minoritory who are irresponsible and naturally suffer problems. And legalising it would remove a number (maybe not masses) of people who only smoke it to be cool, and to be rebellious. There just needs to be strict regulations for it all, possibly stricter than alcohol regulations. But it is widely known that prohibition didn't work for alcohol in America, and it's not working with drugs. The governments are perfectly able to sort out a good compromise, they're just unwilling to do so due to the bleating of anti-drug campaigners who don't really have muc of a clue what the drugs are like, and treat all users as if they're impossibly addicted. I could go on with a whole plan and reasons for legalizing it.. But i can't be fucked going into even more depth than i already have!

Slayer101 has clearly concluded that drugs do nothing for him and that's his own decision that i am not going to try and make him change. As he said, 'it got boring or gay' and i'm sure there are plenty who agree with him.. I used to be like him.. Only i hadn't tried drugs myself! Even if drugs were legalized, it doesn't mean you have to use them, it just means that those who are going to use them anyway aren't demonized for something that such a large number of people do anyway, with little or no problems.

I decided i enjoy weed, and i'm not rushing to get onto harder drugs like some campaigners may like you to believe (citing smoking cannabis opens a gateway to users wanting to use harder drugs, which of course is not true.. The drug doesn't make you want to do more drugs, it's down to the person's own choice). If you are not intrigued by trying out weed, don't smoke it. But don't sneer at others and think you're smarter/better/cooler etc. because of it. It's simply not true.

i dont do drugs. never have, probably never will. but opeth_353 certainly has the right point of view. i disagree with the use of drugs but i wont jump down peoples throats if they do. if they enjoy it then fine, smoke/inject/swallow away. its just like religion: if you believe in god fine, just dont come preaching to me and try to make ME change for you, and ill do the same.

never "blazed" and never will. my ex-g/f used to do it on a daily basis... her friends that were doing it too were the most pathetic creatures I have ever met.

Personally i think Isis, Weakling, Skinny Puppy and Negura Bunget's 'Om' are just.. awesome to smoke up to. Especially if you have an Xbox 360 and listen to the cds/mp3s via that.. with visualisations on. Tops!

I have blazed on and off for the last twenty years since high school. I really enjoy Opeth when my mood is altered. I agree with previous posters that it is not a gateway drug. I have never done anything other drug and have been offered everything under the sun. I am not a 36 year old basement living momma's boy either. I have a beautiful home, a great fiance, have a successful career, and treat it like someone treats alcohol. Too much is very bad, but since I do not drink, and use it only in moderation, I am fine with it. If you choose not to indulge, that it totally up to you, and I think that it is a great descision on your part. If it is not around, or I have decided to stop for a month, a year, or whatever length of time, I do not crave it. I just love to smoke when at a great live show. Period.

Nothing wrong with a nice tidy bag oh tha green stuff, the first time i saw opeth i drank more than i should and have trouble remembering bits of the gig, the second time i was sober as a priest on sunday and remember ever last note, i havent yet seen them three times and when i do i will be very high just for the hell of it, i dont really have a point here.........

If it is not around, or I have decided to stop for a month, a year, or whatever length of time, I do not crave it. I just love to smoke when at a great live show. Period.

Exactly how i feel. Even with us speaking about it, i don't feel the need to have any etc. It's just an occasional thing where a friend will say "i'm in need of chilling out tonight.. want to meet up, get stoned and watch dvds/listen to music/write songs etc.." ahaha..

I am currently unemployed and not at school/college, but that is because my job sucked and so did my school. I'm starting up at a new college this September and am in no rush to get a new job seeing as i want to have free time during college. But i managed to maintain my job whilst smoking Cannabis. It isn't hard in the slightest if you use it responsibly. I was actually nominated a customer service award ahaha!

Oh the political brainwashing you poor young neocons have undergone...crack another one up for the bbc and fox news.....

and why is it a shit thread? seems to be a fairly engaging topic to me...I feel you're more deluded straight than many of us happy go lucking potheads.. if you have a chemical imbalance in your brain....might i suggest Prozac or Zoloft....

Status
Not open for further replies.