How many of you havent seen Opeth LIVE YET...!!!!

vampyrouss said:
Really? Thats strange!! You'd think they'd play Bristol over Exeter!
Last time I went to Bristol to see a band they cancelled :erk:
But I wouldn't mind travelling to either to see Opeth!!

No not so strange, Opeth have played at Exeter 'Lemon Grove' twice now, A nice little venue... so after the first time they maybe had first shout on the next south west date.

I hope we get them next time... :headbang:

BTW, What band cancelled Bristol playing where ?

Liquid Diamonds said:
And, TBH, Opeths sound engineer did a relatively shitty-assed job at the gig I went to.

SO FECKIN TRUE....!!!........when I saw them at SA TX....it was actualyl horrible....liek 3 times mikes guitar started makin this weird humming soudn....!!!!!......while thyre playing...!!!!.....and then teh vox were not adjusted in teh first few minutes so I couldnt relal yhear him sing teh first verse of BotH..!!!!........yeah they def. need to get some capable persons in there...........PEAC EOUT

dcat said:
No not so strange, Opeth have played at Exeter 'Lemon Grove' twice now, A nice little venue... so after the first time they maybe had first shout on the next south west date.

I hope we get them next time... :headbang:

BTW, What band cancelled Bristol playing where ?

Theatres Des Vampires... and no explanation, just a notice on the door after travelling all the way from Bideford... and I think that date is still on their website now like nothing happened! o_O

"Nov 1 2005 Bierkeller Bristol, Uk"
hahahaha, still on the first page of their site!!

Because of that I didn't bother going to see The Locust or a couple other band later that month!

Yup, seen 'em. The sound turned out great (first min. maybe a little off). One thing I did notice though was for the songs that have open tuning, i.e. whatever they played off of Ghost Reveries, the open D sounded horrible. Baying of the Hounds is perfect, the guitar would sound awesome, really crisp, and then whenever there'd be a sustained open low D it was like this wide, atonal wall of sound, messy. It was very weird. Dallas gig, btw. One of the best performances I've been to though. Goddamn the boys of Opeth are awesome.

I´ve seen them at Wacken Open Air, at Inferno Festival in Norway, at Voxhall in Århus, Denmark, and at the Forum in London...

vampyrouss said:
Theatres Des Vampires... and no explanation, just a notice on the door after travelling all the way from Bideford... and I think that date is still on their website now like nothing happened! o_O

"Nov 1 2005 Bierkeller Bristol, Uk"
hahahaha, still on the first page of their site!!

Because of that I didn't bother going to see The Locust or a couple other band later that month!

Mmmm, sorry to here this, I was going to see TDV at the BK but was called out for an important jobby in London the day before, my luck.

I'll try and find out what happened for you ok? did you get a refund or were you a walkup?

Miltbrand said:
I´ve seen them at Wacken Open Air, at Inferno Festival in Norway, at Voxhall in Århus, Denmark, and at the Forum in London...

Hi, you get around, as do I, great show, nice pub down the road, the Landlord told me a guy had come all the way from the Netherlands, awesome, did you get a drink or three in the Bull and Gate ?

hehe.

WHen I saw Opeth, the bass wasn't mixed right. It was every time they played that open D. It was like, the songs were fine after a couple of minutes of tweaking, except for opeD, which was fucked up all set. Every time they played it, the bass was so feckin' loud! It was like:

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBRRMMMRMRNNRRGGGRRRRNNRNRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annoying, and it made my bones hurt. Atonal was a good word for it.

Yeah, luckily we stayed with a friend and went there the next day, they were helpful enough and gave us our money back, but still, stuff like that is enough to put me off travelling to see gigs... But that is lucky that you had to work! We walked around Bristol afterwards to see if there was anyone else who might have been going, but it was really quiet everywhere.

Cheers for trying to find out what was up, I think the BK person did give my brother an excuse when he got the refunds, just it didn't sound right, and I forget now!

Do you reckon Opeth would play there if they did play Bristol? It would be helpful since like I say, a friend lives near there!

I travelled about 30 miles to see them in Leeds. It was so worth it. I will see them again, oh yes i will see them again.

f7e7j1q71tw99d895427r473.jpg

dcat said:
Hi, you get around, as do I, great show, nice pub down the road, the Landlord told me a guy had come all the way from the Netherlands, awesome, did you get a drink or three in the Bull and Gate ?

hehe.

Well, after the show we went back to Stanstead and sat there, bored, for 4 hours...:Smug:
When we came over to London in the afternoon, we went down to this metal pub, I can´t remember the name, but I think it was in a side street to Oxford Street...

Actually, a return flight from Århus, Denmark to London + the concert ticket was about the same price as if I´d had to take return trip by train from Århus to Copenhagen (about £60)! Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

vampyrouss said:
Yeah, luckily we stayed with a friend and went there the next day, they were helpful enough and gave us our money back, but still, stuff like that is enough to put me off travelling to see gigs... But that is lucky that you had to work! We walked around Bristol afterwards to see if there was anyone else who might have been going, but it was really quiet everywhere.

Cheers for trying to find out what was up, I think the BK person did give my brother an excuse when he got the refunds, just it didn't sound right, and I forget now!

Do you reckon Opeth would play there if they did play Bristol? It would be helpful since like I say, a friend lives near there!

Hi, I think you must have a cache of the Bristol Bierkeller web-site, as they have a new one, here is the url...

http://www.bristolbierkeller.co.uk/page3.html

Gig page, their old site was on Blueyonder.

I don't really know where they might play here, Opeth are growing Man :)

Maybe the Colston Hall but they are going to start to re-develop that venue later this year, not sure when it will close for that.

And the new Bristol Arena is still just a huge pile of dirt near Temple Meads Station.

If I hear anything i'll pass it on when confirmed, I don't like speculation or rumour.

Urgh 50 post's = My age :(

I have never seen them live. With any luck at all, I'll be able to make it to either the Norfolk, VA show or the MD show on this February's tour. However I don't know if I can count on it :(

Jude said:
I have never seen them live. With any luck at all, I'll be able to make it to either the Norfolk, VA show or the MD show on this February's tour. However I don't know if I can count on it :(

Hey Jude. With that user name you ought to spend some time in the Orphaned Land forum... :D (Sorry, bad sense of humour)

I saw them once, it was at Ziggys. Weird place...it was like someones living room extended for a stage...and the sound sucked...but it was Opeth...hahaha...oh shit...pEACE!

dcat said:
Hi, I think you must have a cache of the Bristol Bierkeller web-site, as they have a new one, here is the url...

http://www.bristolbierkeller.co.uk/page3.html

Gig page, their old site was on Blueyonder.

I don't really know where they might play here, Opeth are growing Man :)

Maybe the Colston Hall but they are going to start to re-develop that venue later this year, not sure when it will close for that.

And the new Bristol Arena is still just a huge pile of dirt near Temple Meads Station.

If I hear anything i'll pass it on when confirmed, I don't like speculation or rumour.

Urgh 50 post's = My age :(

Thanks!
And thats a cool age to be, plenty of experience

So that´s why it´s been such a fucking drag until now! Well, come thursday, it´s 23 years until my life starts, apparently...