How Many People on here Play an Instrument well.

Apr 3, 2005
IL
I know some of you guys start threads about your bands and stuff, which is cool. So how many of you guys play well and what do you play?

i play guitar,just for my own enjoyment,i have no interest in playing in a band,i play my own shit and have a shitload of riffs,hoping to buy a drum machine so i can record all my riffs a bit more professionaly

mrthrax said:
i play guitar,just for my own enjoyment,i have no interest in playing in a band,i play my own shit and have a shitload of riffs,hoping to buy a drum machine so i can record all my riffs a bit more professionaly

Thats awesome. What style do you play. It's cool to be independent

I'm an awsome table-top finger drumer, and I also double as lead air guitarist. Yeah... I'm multi-talented.

I play some guitar (though, my skill level leaves a lot to be desired) and in a few days, my in-laws are bringing me a keyboard, so I'm gonna get back into that too.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Thats awesome. What style do you play. It's cool to be independent

i suppose i play in the veins of anthrax pantera and bls,just straight forward metal riffs,i cant play lead for shit lol,although i fuck around on blues scales and have made some cool blues riffs outta them,i figure it can only improve my playing,i have also got soeme stuff in the heavier veins,got a few great death riffs..i think anyway lol,also a couple country rock riffs as well,i dont really play the guitar much,probably average a couple hours a week,and that alot more than the last few years,i have played more since dimebag died.

Whiplash402 said:
austin ur an amazing drummer u can answer my guitar skills for me i dont know how good i am

Your very good for the amount of time you've played. You about the most creative guitarist I know. With a little time you can grow tramendously. Hey we should start a band..oh wait

I am an expert skin flute player, and sometimes guitarist--vein of SOD, ProPain, etc. Played bass in a death metal band. And drums I am good at if you take out the bass drums--two left feet I guess

I used to play guitar - was always more of a rhythm player than lead - until either carpal tunnel or arthritis fucked with my hands. Got to the point where I couldn't hold the guitar neck and fret the chords without shooting pain in my hands.

Every once in a while, I still dig out my 12-string Ovation and diddle around with it. Surprisingly, the chops, while rusty, are still there - but I can only play for about 15 minutes at a clip without re-aggravating my hands. (Plus, I lost all the callouses from the 12-string, so my fingertips pay the price the next day.)

I've played bass since 1982, been in 3 or 4 bands in all that time. A couple that were short lived, one that lasted a good ten years or so.

Had a four string Fender Pbass forever, then I got a 5 string Stingray a couple years ago and love playing that beast.

Still have my first bass amp I bought, which is a monster Acoustic brand 4 15" inch speaker 300 watts of face melting power.

I love guitar too, but I stink at it.

Sleestak

I play the bass for my own enjoyment. I like to play along to cds. At the moment i'm mainly enjoying ST freedumb and Tankards Meaning of life but its all good. Ive been playing since 1990 and fucked if i know how to set up an amp? go figure. All in the name of fun. I have a guitar that i brought from cash converters back in 1994 for $60 and to be honest, although it sounds like a peice of shit, it will be the best guitar i will ever own.

I've played tha bass since the age of 12 (i'm now 25) and a bit of guitar but i'm not so accomplished on that.

Been in a few bands, never really got anywhere, biggest gig was supportin GBH when they played in Belfast a few years back. We were also due to support The Stiff Little Fingers at one point but it all went pear shaped.

Parenthood then came along so don't get to play as much anymore, was great fun whilst it lasted though.

So there are a few failed dreams here! Played in some bands, then "real life" kicked in. Fuckin' life. But, it's fucking hard to make it as a full-time professional musician. My friend is pro bassist, went to Berkelee, fucking great musician and person. Takes music very, very seriously. He's finally breaking into the local scene. But he still occasionally plays some church gigs, against his better judgment, just to get exposure. And he still teaches.

Anyway, I was a pretty good trumpet player, but never did anything with it after I left school. I haven't played in a few years now, but hope to get back to it. My fantasy is to play in a ska band. I could play jazz but not well, no improv (yeah, right). Piano foundation; I had fun playing it, I got pretty good, and it teaches you fuck loads about music and how to read. I've really forgotten a shit load.

No, I wish I was good at some instrument, I just cheat on guitar, bas and drums.

I´m probably a better singer. I came second in a kareoke-contest once with Easy, sang it Patton-style, people liked that (no, I didn´t piss in a tennis shoe or munch on tampons).