How Many People on here Play an Instrument well.

I think I am pretty proficient at rythym guitar. I play in a band (see my sig), classic thrash kinda stuff, but not the cliched shit that everyone else plays.

In 6th grade, I kicked ass on the recorder. Awww, yeah!

My husband has played drums since junior high. He was in a couple of bands in high school and college. Nothing too serious, though. Unfortunately, we had to leave his kit at his parent's house because we have no room in our condo for it.

I've been playing bass for 4 years now sinse i was 12 and have fit in 2 hours of practise a day pretty much every day for all that time and im happy with how far I've come. I'm in a band and wd've just recorded our demo at a studio which was awesome.

I've been playing guitar for 9years.
I play in a hardcore band and just recently my old thrash/death metal band Demongrasp reformed!
I've played drums for some years but sold my kit to the drummer of my band:cool:

yeah i just mess about on guitars,rythym, play with a few friends every now and then but we only fuck around doing covers, a lot o fun tho making a bunch of noise, we do anything we can play really :) from ac/dc to seps........i do love guitars tho, got a warlock, a cheapy ibanez and a jackson jj2 ...

like mrthrax and a few others above, i just do it for the fun of it, no desire to play in front of people at all.......as fer writing, cool edit pro does wonders for making crap stuff sound good ...um, well better anyway ;)

I have a bass, guitar, and a shitty set of drums that I just fuck around on. I've never had any lessons or anything and I suck at all of them but I have fun sucking at them.
I'll fess up and admit that I was a band geek in high school and was in the marching band in college. I'm pretty decent on all the brass instuments and an ace on the trombone. I'll go hide now. :cry:

KY_Fried442 said:
I have a bass, guitar, and a shitty set of drums that I just fuck around on. I've never had any lessons or anything and I suck at all of them but I have fun sucking at them.
I'll fess up and admit that I was a band geek in high school and was in the marching band in college. I'm pretty decent on all the brass instuments and an ace on the trombone. I'll go hide now. :cry:
Sweet dude, Never hide your talent. Imagine how much of a shame it would be if "Star Wars Boy" didn't share his with the world.

Heres my drums(sorry my basements dark)
ffd1yv.jpg

Heres me playing them
ffd2lc.jpg

MetalT

I play three instruments kinda

Firtly is Bass - my main instrument, my first true love

Guitar and Drums are kind of tied. I play guitar more, but I enjoy drums more (I don't have my own kit, so I don't get to play much)

I've played guitar 15 years, since year 8 at school.
Played in a band in the Soundgarden / Pumpkins mould for a few years, did some pub gigs, laid down a few toons on disc, then I quit when work got all a bit much, and the band split 4 ways. Now just a bedroom guitarist.

i play rythm guitar and do lead vocals in my band-www.slugfist.com
my mate does all the skeetling though.
i use an ibanez iceman with zw emg pickups,digitech x series pedals and a marshall mode 4 head and cab-does exaclty what it says on the tin-loud as fuck and a huge bottom end-great.

if you call into the site then leave a message on the forum-its good to know folks have called in for a look around-cheers dudes:headbang:

As for me, I play a 3 string guitar... yup, 3 strings only. Meaning I took my old ass "Animal" guitar (don't ask, it's the only "Animal" guitar I've ever seen) and ripped 3 strings out of it. It all began when I got tired of replacing the 3 higher chords all the time... Plus I can't do a solo to save my life. So I just mess around with rythms.

Obviously I can't play worth a shit... I mean... 3 strings for Pete's sake. But that's cool, that's just one of my hobbies. I'm looking into upgrading to a 4 string guitar... but I have to buy a 7 string guitar for that to happen... it's very confusing ain't it?

I have 5 guitars a 100watt Marshall, I have been playing for 20+ yrs..... but i have given all to my daughter..........

thraxx said:
I have 5 guitars a 100watt Marshall, I have been playing for 20+ yrs..... but i have given all to my daughter..........

Why. I'm your long lost son, a future rockstar ..why didnt I get them dad:cry: