How much do you fucking hate The Beatles?

I agree, it shouldn't be a contest, so lets stop here before we tunnel too deep into the colon of Beatlemania.

Last edited:
I claim victory in the early Zappa vs mid-era Beatles on this day.

View attachment 5352

232325a0-aedd-0131-d4de-7e39b3a93770.gif

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Haha most Beatles fans are total pricks? Do you have any other mindless sweeping generalisations you'd like to throw in the mix?

I just cannot understand how anyone can listen to say The White Album from start to finish and say their music lacks depth. It's an odd criticism. I mean if you don't like their music then fine but fuck man it's anything but shallow.
Most Beatles fans I have encountered have been total pricks. Learn how to read please.

And it just sounds fucking flat and bland. Totally devoid of anything interesting.

Their music is not basic; maybe by today's terms, but it provided a new outlet for musicians. At the time the jazz scene was getting out of hand to the point where there was almost no emotion and it was essentially just a bunch of musicians wanking over their instruments. From a technical standpoint they were good, but no musician is wholly good without emotion and jazz at that time had lost almost all of that, with exceptions here and there. The scene improved again later on, when jazz rock/fusion came around.
For example, Ringo's beats may have been simple, but for someone who had spent their entire life playing in big bands, playing a four on the floor rock beat in a straight feel was like learning drums all over again. Seriously, watching some of the best jazz drummers play Ringo's grooves would be just hilarious, because they don't play that style at all.
They were a breath of fresh air in a world that needed something to keep it exciting. They were a vital part of rock, like it or not. I'm not a big Beatles fan at all but you've gotta give them credit. They are very over-hyped in certain crowds, but that's just a side effect of selling 600 million records.
I'm not talking about technicality. I'm talking about the compositions themselves being again, flat, bland, and imo, damn one-dimensional.

I would literally rather lose my hearing permanently, than be subjected to their entire discography even once.

Well that's a bit extreme, I do feel sorry for you about that. Just remember that music is subjective, so we don't have to agree with you.
I don't think they are particularly one-dimensional. Some of their hits are shallow though, I'll give you that; but it's also about the emotion put into it. No one plays music to read a page and play the corresponding notes; they do it to have fun and express themselves, and for a lot of people music is the only way they know how to do so. So yea it's simple and the composition can sometimes be a bit bland, but the emotion put into the performance to me is 100000x more important. If you haven't got feel, you haven't got anything.

That's a great argument for Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus you just made. They seem to be having genuine fun when they make their crappy pop songs.

That's a great argument for Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus you just made. They seem to be having genuine fun when they make their crappy pop songs.
I also mentioned expression, which is not something they do in their music. Fun is important (if you don't enjoy it why do it?), but there is more to it. There's not a lot of expression or introspection going on in their music. Not genuinely, although they make it look like there is (and do a poor job). To start, you can't express yourself when someone else writes all your songs for you. And you do need a base level of skill to be a musician, hence the reason they don't qualify; auto-tune virtuosos don't count as musicians in my book.

I also mentioned expression, which is not something they do in their music. Fun is important (if you don't enjoy it why do it?), but there is more to it. There's not a lot of expression or introspection going on in their music. Not genuinely, although they make it look like there is (and do a poor job). To start, you can't express yourself when someone else writes all your songs for you. And you do need a base level of skill to be a musician, hence the reason they don't qualify; auto-tune virtuosos don't count as musicians in my book.
Don't give me the "I feel sorry for you" bullshit, especially when spouting crap like this. It's literally condescending statements like that, that imply I am somehow missing out on something huge, that make me want to literally choke the living shit out of every Beatles fan I've ever came across.

Also I'm not saying I enjoy Bieber or Cyrus either, but there is no doubting the vocal skill of someone like Cyrus. And the "they aren't musicians" shit is laughable. Anyone who takes part in producing music (yes, even just a vocalist) is a musician.

Don't give me the "I feel sorry for you" bullshit, especially when spouting crap like this. It's literally condescending statements like that, that imply I am somehow missing out on something huge, that make me want to literally choke the living shit out of every Beatles fan I've ever came across.

Also I'm not saying I enjoy Bieber or Cyrus either, but there is no doubting the vocal skill of someone like Cyrus. And the "they aren't musicians" shit is laughable. Anyone who takes part in producing music (yes, even just a vocalist) is a musician.
I don't think you're missing out at all. As I have mentioned in prior posts, I don't consider myself a Beatles fan either. I do think it's good to be a little accepting of others who are, and not deny the good aspects of their music.
Miley is a pretty good singer. I wasn't directly referencing Cyrus or Bieber; as much as I detest their music, they have some vocal chops that set them apart. I admit I should have made that clear, I wasn't referencing any particular artist. People who manufacture and auto-tune their music until they sound completely inhuman can't possibly be musicians; they might be creating music, but for me a musician presents themselves as they are, without any sort of cheaply made veil to improve their style. But dude, it's just my opinion. We don't need to get angry about it.

I don't hate them at all. I can see how they'd be annoying if they were shoved down your throat, but beyond that? They produced some of the finest music ever made. An endless procession of ingenious melodies and harmonic combinations plus all but unparalleled innovative foresight.

I respect their influence, don't get me wrong. They were one of the most influential music acts in history in terms of influencing the way music is recorded, and I realize that.

But I still find them to be literally the most overrated band in history, and will never understand why their music became so popular. You can try to explain but I will never understand. I simply believe they don't live up; very underwhelming considering the hype.

Most Beatles fans I have encountered have been total pricks. Learn how to read please.
How about you learn to not say totally retarded shit that has absolutely no bearing on the subject at hand? Most Ed Sheeran fans I've encountered are fucking inbred mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers. What does that have to do with anything?

And it just sounds fucking flat and bland. Totally devoid of anything interesting.
As I said, the fact that you lump all of their music into one box labelled 'flat and bland and shallow' just shows that you haven't really listened to their music properly and have dismissed them based on their popularity, imo. Do you hate all classic pop/rock?

I'm not talking about technicality. I'm talking about the compositions themselves being again, flat, bland, and imo, damn one-dimensional.
Do I need to say it again? You like Ed Sheeran. Ed fucking shitfuck blando top 40 cuntface Sheeran. Your opinion couldn't be any more invalid.

I would literally rather lose my hearing permanently, than be subjected to their entire discography even once.
That's the most retarded thing I've ever read on this forum. Literally.

How about you learn to not say totally retarded shit that has absolutely no bearing on the subject at hand? Most Ed Sheeran fans I've encountered are fucking inbred mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers. What does that have to do with anything?

As I said, the fact that you lump all of their music into one box labelled 'flat and bland and shallow' just shows that you haven't really listened to their music properly and have dismissed them based on their popularity, imo. Do you hate all classic pop/rock?

Do I need to say it again? You like Ed Sheeran. Ed fucking shitfuck blando top 40 cuntface Sheeran. Your opinion couldn't be any more invalid.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read on this forum. Literally.
He gives singer-songwriters a bad name. Come to think of it I don't know any good mainstream singer-songwriters.

I respect their influence, don't get me wrong. They were one of the most influential music acts in history in terms of influencing the way music is recorded, and I realize that.

But I still find them to be literally the most overrated band in history, and will never understand why their music became so popular. You can try to explain but I will never understand. I simply believe they don't live up; very underwhelming considering the hype.
I agree, they are over-rated. I think they're great, but there are other fantastic artists from their time too... People forget that...