How much do you fucking hate The Beatles?

WarHammer said:
The Beatles are the most significant recording artists of the twentieth century, period. People who don't like them, especially in the metal community, are hypocrites in their own way because all modern music other than rap and country, and even some country, were inspired by people who were inspired by the Beatles. Metal owes much to Black Sabbath as originators, and Ozzy's well-known biggest influence is the Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour man! It gets no better.

Where is the logic in this? Someone tell me.

Just because bands might have influenced hundreds or even thousands of bands doesn't mean people have to like them or are hypocrites if they don't. I know that Black Sabbath influenced bands and I know that the Beatles did as well. But I fucking HATE both of those bands. I respect them for their contributions but I just don't like them music.

Devy_Metal said:
Where is the logic in this? Someone tell me.

Just because bands might have influenced hundreds or even thousands of bands doesn't mean people have to like them or are hypocrites if they don't. I know that Black Sabbath influenced bands and I know that the Beatles did as well. But I fucking HATE both of those bands. I respect them for their contributions but I just don't like them music.

I agree. I hate Sabbath. But I respect their contributions.....especially when it came to paving the way for modern metal bands. But again, I'm not a huge Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, or Deep Purple fan.

Regarding the Beatles: They were the tip of the sword at the time. Just like Elvis Presley and Chuck Berry were. Pioneers. But if I were to take any band from that era, I'd take The Kinks. Ray Davies was a true original. Now.....that was innovative!

b0001xlxbq01lzzzzzzz2ts.jpg

Brooks said:
Greatest band ever. Anyone who doesn't like them is a fool, and deserves no respect.

Anyways...I don't care for the band. I don't need your respect, nor do I need the sorry ass Beatles respect either.

:kickass: SLAYER!!!:devil:

I used to loathe the Beatles until a couple weeks ago. This was probably mostly due to their overexposure and my disinterest in what I perceived as "oldies". However, I gave them a try a couple weeks ago because I had read about many of their innovations in popular music. With new ears, I came to appreciate much of their catalogue. They truly were revolutionary for their time and created a lot of amazing songs. If it wasn't for Ringo's shitty drumming, they could've been even greater. Songs like "Nowhere Man", "Getting Better" and "Something" may seem simple to the typical metalhead looking for complex guitar riffs... but they actually have an elegant sophistication and complexity... especially when you consider the time period. The Beatles were essentially the act that made "albums" (instead of mere singles) important. They set the stage for the album-length artistic explorations of the late 60's / 70s progressive rock movement.

All hail the Beatles.

boring pop music shouldnt even go under the name rock. songs are pretty much kid songs. hippie/kid music is how i should put it. boooooring.:puke:

very overated

Al Bundy said:
boring pop music shouldnt even go under the name rock. songs are pretty much kid songs. hippie/kid music is how i should put it. boooooring.:puke:

very overated

when you at least know what the fuck you're talking about, then you can have an opinion about it :lol:

hippie/kid music? have you ever heard eleanor rigby? while my guitar gently weeps? strawberry fields? i don't know how you can call that kid music but i suppose some people can't appreciate sophistication :cool:

Perdition's Light said:
when you at least know what the fuck you're talking about, then you can have an opinion about it :lol:

hippie/kid music? have you ever heard eleanor rigby? while my guitar gently weeps? strawberry fields? i don't know how you can call that kid music but i suppose some people can't appreciate sophistication :cool:

The prudent thing would be to just all agree to disagree and move on. It's a different world today, and the kid's don't understand the world of yesterday. It's that simple. The more we perpetuate this 'who's more reverant' discussion, the more the blood pressure elevates itself. Why allow it to manifest itself. The older crowd like us has a special place in our hearts for them. The average kid nowadays doesn't. It's not a part of their culture. It's a generation or two removed. No one wins here. Live and let live. :)
magicalmysterytour7nh.jpg
sgtpepper1ta.jpg

Melinda's Lover said:
Whoever doesn't appreciate The Beatles is either super close minded or an idiot.

Enjoying their music is something nobody forces you to do, but knowing their spot in the history of music is important. Remember, boys, no Beatles = no Sabbath = no metal.
That makes no sense. If you follow that through:

native African tribal chants - African slaves working in cotton fields - blues/jazz/soul - Beatles - Sabbath - modern metal

...yet I've never heard anyone, aside from anthropologists, sociologists, etc. express their deep appreciation for native African tribal chanting.

And 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' is an awesome song!

i cant say I love'em, only some songs... But I guess they deserve respect anyways...
About rock status... well... Does anybody really give a fuck?...

This thread is beautiful cuz people just pull stuff out of their ass: "You know who was way more innovative than the Beatles? The Kinks! Yeah, and also Herman's Hermits!" (No disrespect to the Kinks intended.)

Also, if you can't relate to music from before your time, you're a tool. A sense of history is imperative to leading a fulfilling life, not to mention having an understanding of music. FTR, I was like 2 when the Beatles broke up.

lots of people forget important things to band other than to just what they sound like or how there rated. If it wasnt for the beatles, metal prolly wouldnt be what it is today, or may not even be around. The beatles were the first people to actually sound heavy, and scream and shit. At that time, they were considered devil music and shit. They inspired more people to make music like them, and thats when sabbath and stuff came in and introduced metal, which metal evolved from rock, and rock evolved from the beatles. I dont really listen to them much or anything, but cmon, there the beatles. U gotta have some respect for them.

Well, I used to like the Beatles until someone threw a Beatles tape at me when I was young. That moment changed it all.

sonofhendrix13 said:
Actually, I don't mind them. I know they were mostly pop but I like alot of their psychedelic stuff like Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. I don't see why so many people hate them just because they aren't in the least bit heavy. Is their anyone here who shares my view?

I don't care for the stuff (less a couple of songs here and there) before the "Revolver" release. Once they started getting away from bubble-gum pop, and started the real experimental stuff, I would say they deserve every single accolade they have ever received.

They are the opposites of "sellouts." They made their money early on, then made the music they wanted to. Some of their psychedelic stuff is incredible.

Bryant