How to tell a drummer his drums are all fake..

Are you charging money for these recording? I'd be pissed off if someone conned me into recording with them for money and I discovered they didn't know how and didn't even own the neccessary equipment to do so.

The entire situation confuses me? You want us to tell you how to explain to your clients that you aren't what you claim to be? Or the bands you have waiting to record with you are fully aware that can't actually record them how any normal engineer would, and they will basically be plugging into amp sims and playing to drum patterns you program based off a real drummers playing?

I don't get it

Woah Woah Woahhhh.

Chill out people. Like I said, I didn't really understand the whole interface thing.. So get pissed about that.. I know several people charging a shit ton of money using only programmed drums and a pod. People recording for bands who are signed to labels such as trustkill, rise, and roadrunner.

If you guys aren't happy about me fitting in the mix with everybody else, using the same setup as everybody else, then sorry. I wasn't here for a bitch-fit, just asking for advice, and using that advice to mend with my ideas as well. You guys actually talked me into buying the profire, btw.. Thanks!

I got the mixer because I see myself using it in the future, so I made the investment of getting it.. I know how to use a damn mixer, I've done counsel recording in the past, and I've done all digital. I like both, so when my studio is finished, I will have what I need.

And I didn't conn anybody into recording with me, they asked me.. That's why I had asked so urgently.

And I was 99% sure that the majority of people do the same thing I plan on doing.. Real overheads, drum replaced snare, kick and toms.. Am I wrong?

Seriously guys, didn't mean to offend anybody. I wasn't trying to be so short and blunt, I just had little time to post what I've posted so far (work, band ect).. So sorry.. Seriously, sorry.

I'll post some mixes in a week or so.

Thanks for the advice, and just for the record, I did listen to you guys a lot, so chill the fuc$ out mates.

Ill have you know rarely do Producers replace the ENTIRE kit. Most samples are use to enhance the real drum sound. Not even the Wizard himself fully replaces drums unless its an absolute must.

As for the attitude, ok I did get out of hand, BUT, that being said ....

How do you see yourself using the mixer? Cause $800 for a control surface is an awful lot.

and as far as your quote " know several people charging a shit ton of money using only programmed drums and a pod. People recording for bands who are signed to labels such as trustkill, rise, and roadrunner" name me 1 that uses a pod for ALL of their guitar tracks, and I will show you a guy whos not recording records for a large / semi large label.

Ever heard of rehearsal studios? Cheap, come with mics, come with mixers and generally have some room treatment. Did you ever hear about what those crappy sm57 mics which you have several of are commonly used for?

If you know people who are recording bands for Roadrunner why are you asking us "bitches" questions about what is in a basic signal chain for a recording studio? Or asking us any of these questions? You know the professionals who do it for one of the biggest metal/rock labels in the world, go ask them.

Ill have you know rarely do Producers replace the ENTIRE kit. Most samples are use to enhance the real drum sound. Not even the Wizard himself fully replaces drums unless its an absolute must.

As for the attitude, ok I did get out of hand, BUT, that being said ....

How do you see yourself using the mixer? Cause $800 for a control surface is an awful lot.

and as far as your quote " know several people charging a shit ton of money using only programmed drums and a pod. People recording for bands who are signed to labels such as trustkill, rise, and roadrunner" name me 1 that uses a pod for ALL of their guitar tracks, and I will show you a guy whos not recording records for a large / semi large label.

I'm honestly not at liberty to say who these people are. You'd be surprised who records like that though. I don't want to get in the middle of all that, but I promise that I know a few.

So, joey's kick and snare aren't all steven slate drums?! They've always sounded like it to me, but if it's a blend of SSD and real drums, that's badass.

I plan on getting an AD/DA converter pretty soon here so I can begin using the mixer. If I don't like the mixer, then I'll send it back. I just figured it's worth a try.

These smiley faces fuckin rule!:Smokedev::Smokedev::Smokedev:

I'm honestly not at liberty to say who these people are. You'd be surprised who records like that though. I don't want to get in the middle of all that, but I promise that I know a few.

So, joey's kick and snare aren't all steven slate drums?! They've always sounded like it to me, but if it's a blend of SSD and real drums, that's badass.

I plan on getting an AD/DA converter pretty soon here so I can begin using the mixer. If I don't like the mixer, then I'll send it back. I just figured it's worth a try.

These smiley faces fuckin rule!:Smokedev::Smokedev::Smokedev:

Im still not getting the mixer bit, you can plug the mic cables right into the AD/DA interface, why add something to the chain that doesn't need to be there?

So your telling me every sturgis production is 100% POD with no real amps at all?

I find that very tough to believe.

He is most likely using pod for tracking and using DI / Reamp for the actual mix.

unless i misunderstood it's all pod, thats why everyone is always like "how do pod tact, hurrr durrrrr" haha

He uses pod farm, the plugin version of a pod. haha

o_rly.jpg

you spent 800$ on a mixer becasue you "visualize your pro-looking, manlybearded self using it in the near future" when you don't have quality mics? I'm gonna stop saying you're doing it wrong, but YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

..How do you have a clue what I look like? Also, I have quality mics (I posted that in this same thread actually).

So your telling me every sturgis production is 100% POD with no real amps at all?

I find that very tough to believe.

Everyone and their mother's sister-in-law's fuckin' dog knows that every recent Sturgis production released has been POD Farm. Period. There's so much talk about his POD -Guitars on the forum I find it near IMPOSSIBLE that you don't know this. :confused::(

Everyone and their mother's sister-in-law's fuckin' dog knows that every recent Sturgis production released has been POD Farm. Period. There's so much talk about his POD -Guitars on the forum I find it near IMPOSSIBLE that you don't know this. :confused::(

I just avoid "POD" discussions all together usually. To me pod is just a tool used during tracking, not for the final mix. Call me a old school tube purist :)

The day Andy, Flemming, Kernon, start using all Pod farm I may start paying attention :)