How you got into AA?

Originally posted by M.
i was at century media's website, and the name got my attention because it's tolkeinien. nerd.

Hey, that's how I got into Cirith Gorgor.

I can't remember how I got into AA, but it was probably a mix of hearing Victorious March on a comp and hearing other stuff on the radio. Then I picked up Avenger and I was hooked.

It was last year about May time i think when i was looking at bands playing wacken (i went to wacken) so i thought id check out Amon Amarth so i got Once Sent From The Golden Hall ,Great Album :headbang:

well I was at the local metal store and saw "The Avenger", I've heard from AA several times but didn't have the time to look for them
just hearing "Bleed for Ancient Gods" and "The Last with Pagan Blood" I had to buy this CD, that sound is great
a short time later, I bought "The Crusher" and then when "VS the World" had been released I bought the viking edition
soon I will buy OSFTGH if I have some money

AA kicks ass
go on for many years with your music
Hail Amon Amarth !!

Thanks to all the excellent reviews for Amon Amarth

At I site I frequently go to, this guy :)p), Thy Tranquil Sorrow, had the image of the cover of Amon Amarth's Versus The World in his sig, and I have to admit it looked pretty fucking awesome. Still..I didn't know that much. I knew it was a band, so I just went on iMesh and downloaded a few songs..My first song was Avenger and I instantly fell in love. :D

I think it was in early 98 when I received a promo CD for Amon Amarth from MetalBlade. The sound made you feel like you were riding into battle. I then saw them at the Summerclash Festival 1 in Belgium with Deicide, 6ftunder, brutaltruth, Naglfar,... There wasn't many people watching AA as far as I can remember, that s were I bought my first AA shirt and still proudly wear the Once Sent From.... shirt. :headbang:

My intro was pretty simple. I had heard of the band, but knew nothing about them.

I was in a record store a couple years back and blindly bought The Crusher based on the titles of the songs and the artwork. The rest as they say, is history.

I first heard of them at the GameFAQs.com message forum for metal and punk. One day I was at the CD store and couldnt figure out what to buy and I saw The Crusher. I bought it and nearly creamed my pants when I heard it

A friend sent me an MP3 of "Ride For Vengenance" about 2 months ago. I got a couple more songs and loved it.

I have just purchased "Once Sent from The Golden Hall" and "The Crusher"