I FUCKING HATE Straightedgers...

Being drunk at a show is awesome.

Being piss wasted isn't quite as enjoyable if you're interested in the band though

Bakersfield mainly. Here they'd get their asses handed to them on site. I saw a couple at that Black Dahlia Murder show in Bakersfield couple years back, they're weaklings with no spine. All the gang type groups live in Utah and a few other big cities.

Pretty much. These kids were genuine as far as being cocky, but they don't have the numbers needed to cause trouble like in Mormon country.

i beleive in letting everyone just do their own thing, unless of course your thing is to fuck with other people for doing their own thing.

Straight edge pretty much started with Minor Threat, who were too young to drink, as were most of their fans. The big black X on the hand was simply and old-school way of security marking the kids too young to drink. So, they started wearing it as a symbol of pride, e.g., NOT DRINKING and see my mark. It picked up other elements and other bands perpetuated it, all the way down through Earth Crisis (who I actually liked as a band, but their fans sucked) and Shai Hulud, and so forth. I mean, that shit was in conflict in Boston back when Siege and Repulsion were starting up, straight-edge versus regular punks who tended to do a lot of drugs, anti-metal, so forth.

Any actual significance in the movement is long since dead. Those who claim it are simply thugs with a somewhat atypical frame of reference, white kids who can't claim poverty or ghetto lifestyle for their anti-social behavior. Whatever claims exist against drinking or drugs, here's strong proof that those completely removed from use can be as absolutely as (if not more) useless to a society.

Yeah seriously, the ones on LI for the most part and docile little assholes. I am not offending anyone who is straight edge for any real reason... I am talking about the ones who do it to fit in and all of that bullshit.
Yeah. The ones with the huge "X"s on their hands, faces etc.
They even use magic tape sometimes. I wonder if they carry the roll with them so when they wash their hands, they can put more on.
Unless they don't wash their hands :ill:

shit bags like that are what give the whole movement a bad name, i have a bunch of straightedge friends and they're all smart, friendly, and otherwise not cowardly douchebags... but you'd never know because they're not the ones going around stomping on people for not sharing their beliefs.

bags
of
shit.

Straight edge pretty much started with Minor Threat, who were too young to drink, as were most of their fans. The big black X on the hand was simply and old-school way of security marking the kids too young to drink. So, they started wearing it as a symbol of pride, e.g., NOT DRINKING and see my mark. It picked up other elements and other bands perpetuated it, all the way down through Earth Crisis (who I actually liked as a band, but their fans sucked) and Shai Hulud, and so forth. I mean, that shit was in conflict in Boston back when Siege and Repulsion were starting up, straight-edge versus regular punks who tended to do a lot of drugs, anti-metal, so forth.

Any actual significance in the movement is long since dead. Those who claim it are simply thugs with a somewhat atypical frame of reference, white kids who can't claim poverty or ghetto lifestyle for their anti-social behavior. Whatever claims exist against drinking or drugs, here's strong proof that those completely removed from use can be as absolutely as (if not more) useless to a society.

Always gotta let the skills of analysis feast on something, huh? :)