I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
speed said:
I actually listened to Damnation today- I was horribly unimpressed- in fact I think it is easily the worst thing they have ever done- the acoustic songs on their metal albums were far more interesting- and moving. I still hold the band in high regard- but even the fans have to admit their disappointment in the last two albums- the only improvement I have noticed is with the drummer.

I like damnation but i agree that it doesnt hold up to the acoustic pieces on regular opeth albums. I disagree about deliverance being disappointing though, i actually love that album

I'll have to say, I really enjoyed Damnation. Closure especially, I love the jam at the end, really, the album keeps my attention until the last song. It isn't heavy but neither is Sting's Mercury Falling, my favorite album of all time.

Ok for one thing, seeing as you seem to think St.Anger is so great it shows you know aboslutely nothing about music. And I play guitar, I can play all the stuff on the album, but that is because ive been playing for a while.

Anyways, its an ok album, its more something I would like to just sit back, smoke a joint, and chill with on a sunny afternoon.

so what if you can sing opeth. you couldnt bless a guitar with half the grace that mikael akerfeldt bestows upon one. and even if you could manage to strum out a riff of an opeth song, you dont have the understanding of metal dynamics, or even the general intellect to piece together even the worst opeth song, much less sit down and right it.

also, so what if damnation isnt as good as other opeth albums...
at least its new.

what two opeth albums have been the same? none, because their music is about progession and experimentation. if they wanted to be like the sell-out band metallica that you adore so much, they would have simply written two more blackwater park albums. but they didnt.

they are artists and expressionists. not money-grubbing whores like half the bands out there.

im not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain the error in you insight. because if one listening to my arms your hearse doesnt smack the realization that they are one extraordinary metal band into your dense forehead... nothing will.

so i end with this. its a free country, if you dont like it. dont listen to it. dumbass.

I also gave Opeth couple tries, not really my cup of tea.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Im addicted to the stupidity. But this is my last night on this board. My quest of teaching you real musical glory is now over. I failed miserably. So cont to listen to the dying fetuses and blopeths of the world!
I wish it was your last night on the board, as does just about everyone else. You're not welcome here.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Opeth's big surprise was the clean vocals. Putting on an Opeth album for a newcomer, making them sit through the death vocals, and then unleashing the lcean vocals. "Yeah, that's the SAME guy." A new fan is born. Usually.
I have done this so many times. Its actually quite amusing.

AllWithinMyMonster... for gods sake, no-one agrees with you... everyone thinks you a worthless piece of shit... why are you still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.