I hate grunge.

Kids today don't know what real music or Rock N roll is.
Food don’t taste good no more, kids these days don’t know about real music, I used to have to walk 20 miles uphill to buy one single hair metal, now the kids just press a button on their Google machine and they can hear all the grunge.. but it’s just shit, no one appreciates the genius of Enuff Z’ Nuff and Cinderella.. Jani Lane was a songwriting god.. why I oughta smack some sense into these whippersnappers, who do they think they are anyway? Back in the eighties we would’ve shown em what’s what, that’s for damn sure. Yessiree bob, they think they know, but they all got brainwashed by the record companies, that’s right. Grunge killed Jani Lane, he couldn’t take it anymore, the state of this world.. it’s all just the same depressing shit! Can’t even eat a good dessert now because of grunge, my car won’t start because Kurt Cobain was a shit guitarist, man those hair metallers could play, man oh man. What has happened to the world, you don’t see anyone having fun anymore, grunge sucked the soul out of humanity.. it’s not even... kids now..
68AAE6B1-F544-4790-A859-124E0BE70153.jpeg

Well...at least nobody has to worry about hearing from Jani Lane (John Kennedy Oswald :tickled:)...ever again...or getting run over and killed by the drunk piece of shit

He ended up in the “wishing well” after all!!...went out like a punk, bitch in a Comfort Inn hotel. Too bad..he just missed his father of the decade award ceremony...what a scumbag.
FUCK YOU! When I found out Jani Lane was dead I was horrified. He was one of the best writers and vocalists and Warrant will live on forever for those of us who know what real music is and how rock has to have soul and melody. I truly believe Jani Lane suffered from depression and possible Bipolar disorder. He showed so many signs of it. His weight would go up and then it came down. You could see he was hurting inside. Jani just self medicated like a lot of people who are afraid of the Stigma of mental illness. He was one of the big voices of Rock History. I think it was Sebastian Bach that said it perfectly about the music "business". They love you when you are on top but when you slip and aren't a superstar anymore you are cut off. I paraphrased there a bit but that was the jist of it. Warrant is as metal as Anthrax.

Food don’t taste good no more, kids these days don’t know about real music, I used to have to walk 20 miles uphill to buy one single hair metal, now the kids just press a button on their Google machine and they can hear all the grunge.. but it’s just shit, no one appreciates the genius of Enuff Z’ Nuff and Cinderella.. Jani Lane was a songwriting god.. why I oughta smack some sense into these whippersnappers, who do they think they are anyway? Back in the eighties we would’ve shown em what’s what, that’s for damn sure. Yessiree bob, they think they know, but they all got brainwashed by the record companies, that’s right. Grunge killed Jani Lane, he couldn’t take it anymore, the state of this world.. it’s all just the same depressing shit! Can’t even eat a good dessert now because of grunge, my car won’t start because Kurt Cobain was a shit guitarist, man those hair metallers could play, man oh man. What has happened to the world, you don’t see anyone having fun anymore, grunge sucked the soul out of humanity.. it’s not even... kids now..
View attachment 14850
Rock was never better then at the 80s/early 90s when Heavy Metal bands were ruling the world. Music is shit these days.....talent is minimal at very least. Shitty talentless Nirvana somehow destroyed rock music. SHitvana was just the record companies pushing a new sound to exploit brainwashed top 10 idiots to buy more albums. Of course many people think Shitvana was anti mainstream but how in much of an error are they.
Trust me any 6 month old guitar player can play any Shitvana song ANY!!! and probably compose a shitty chord proggresion of their own with that skill. I like to see any shitvana fan play something that takes some skill other than power chords and nasty monotone vocals with pathetic loser lyrics. Nirvana got famous because the loser, middle class my parent don't pay attention to me and i hate the world tweens and "Young adults" related to Kurt Cobain's pathetic lyrics. How can they relate to sex,drugs and rock n roll if they lived in the suburbs and got picked on in highschool for being retards right? like their hero. i can go on and on but you get the point. I tell these Nirvana fans if they are so great, then why did they come up with a type of music (grunge) that any schmuck can do. Minimal lyrics and also dull lyrics and lack of melody.

https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?upsell=comment_reply

FUCK YOU! When I found out Jani Lane was dead I was horrified. He was one of the best writers and vocalists and Warrant will live on forever for those of us who know what real music is and how rock has to have soul and melody. I truly believe Jani Lane suffered from depression and possible Bipolar disorder. He showed so many signs of it. His weight would go up and then it came down. You could see he was hurting inside. Jani just self medicated like a lot of people who are afraid of the Stigma of mental illness. He was one of the big voices of Rock History. I think it was Sebastian Bach that said it perfectly about the music "business". They love you when you are on top but when you slip and aren't a superstar anymore you are cut off. I paraphrased there a bit but that was the jist of it. Warrant is as metal as Anthrax.

Warrant is NOT metal...it is glam ROCK...these feminine makeup rockers are NOT metal...and what Jani Lane “had” was called being a drunk/Junkie, Dr. Dipshit...nice diagnosis, idiot. Stop trying to be deep...

Jim Gillette...when you’re such a moral-less nitwit that even brainless whore Lita Ford divorces your ass leaving you to attempt a pathetic as fuck comeback...let’s look at possible reasons why: the only pictures that come up are of you publically grabbing your wife’s tits in front of your kids...FUCKING. DOUCHE.F0390C02-5014-4F39-8405-E7F8A2D86514.jpegE710A67F-C476-4309-891B-5FFC47B6A172.jpeg

Warrant is NOT metal...it is glam ROCK...these feminine makeup rockers are NOT metal...and what Jani Lane “had” was called being a drunk/Junkie, Dr. Dipshit...nice diagnosis, idiot. Stop trying to be deep...
Jani Lane has said that he hates Cherry Pie...now I like the song. Really I do. I can see where it would bug him. In his words being known as the "Cherry Pie Guy". It was/still is a glam/hair band/ metal classic !!!. The video maybe got overplayed on MTV ....but so what? It always made me smile. Jani Lane did a lot of great work that went completely under the radar in the post-Cherry Pie era of his life. There are some individual tracks on Warrant albums ("The Bitter Pill", "Stronger Now"), a really cool solo album, "Back Down To One", a band called Saints Of The Underground who made a really strong rock album.

There's also some solo stuff he called "Jabberwocky". He really was a talented guy. I always respected him. Jani was a great songwriter and I've always found the Cherry Pie album to be one of the brighter spots of the late-80s/early-90s "hair metal" genre. I LIKE "Cherry Pie". It's a fun song. So, all the haters can suck it!! Out of all of the third wave "hair" bands that came out in late 80s, I think Warrant is the most underrated. So many great tunes -- Bed Of Roses, 32 Pennies, Andy Warhol Was Right, Quicksand, Song And Dance Man, Ultraphobic, Stronger Now, etc, etc. "Heaven" really does bring me back to the summer of 1989 and that was a great summer.

Last edited:
Cinderella are a Great band. It's a shame image and perception keeps them as a memory now. I play them for the new generation sometimes and people are always like 'wow, this band is really good'. A month ago I was at Walmart and someone was BLARING "Shake Me" out of their vehicle. It was a nice change from the usual country and rap that Walmart shoppers seem to thrive on. The debut and Long Cold Winter are stand outs for me. Also Heartbreak Station is a solid and perfectly legitimate classic rock record, somewhere between Creedence and Nazareth. Nothing hair metal about this one. In fact had it been released in, say, 1975 it would be considered an all-time classic by now. They were more of an Aerosmith style hard rock band than a hair metal band. Cinderella are a solid METAL band. I don't think one can much underestimate the damage they did themselves with that name. They weren't about to get taken seriously as a gritty rock band with a girly name.

So is Nick1975 just a shitposting alt of HP Lovecraft?
I am mocked here for my love of 'hair bands', when in reality back in 1992 there was very little difference between a band like Skid Row and a band like Alice in Chains (esp. given AIC's roots). And Pearl Jam's guitarists were avowed Aerosmith fanatics. If we dispense with labels, and we just talk about the bands, it is amazing what commonality could be found instead of the constant belittling of supposedly passe' genres. The first line of the guitar solo in "Alive" at 3:39 is Ace Frehley's first line in the "She" solo on Kiss Alive at 3:00.

You’re mocked here because you sound uneducated and make idiotic statements (over and over and over). Belittling of passé genres?...don’t get defensive, dummy...you’ve done nothing but belittle a whole genre of music yourself- in fact you’ve titled the thread “I HATE grunge” :lol:...

Reactions: Trodden
You’re mocked here because you sound uneducated and make idiotic statements (over and over and over). Belittling of passé genres?...don’t get defensive, dummy...you’ve done nothing but belittle a whole genre of music yourself- in fact you’ve titled the thread “I HATE grunge” :lol:...
What is your opinion of Skid Row? They were a great band. Slave to the Grind is a great Metal album. Not "hair metal". Slave to the Grind was pure Metal. Self Titled and Slave To The Grind are fantastic. And if someone doesn't know, the dreadful and pejorative term "hair metal" was never, ever, not once used in the eighties/early nineties. It was all Heavy Metal. Slave to the Grind is a true classic. I liked Subhuman Race.
I've tried the stuff without Sebastian but it just doesn't do it for me.
Saw them on the Subhuman Race tour and they were great live. MTV pushed the videos for Slave To The Grind album big time. Monkey Business got promoted like heck. They did a great job getting in on to that angry topic stuff that grunge was getting into. They're one of the few hard rock/commercial metal bands who said "the next album's gonna be heavier" and actually meant it. Subhuman Race was the last album with Sebastian Bach as lead singer and it was a departure from the style and sound of their first two albums. All albums post-Subhuman Race have a different lead singer. The debut is an excellent heavy metal album. Skid Row is the only "hair" metal band where their music got significantly heavier with each album, not more commercial.

Yeah, Slave to the Grind is a good album and I like lots of “hair metal” (not the cliche bullshit you’ve posted) but that has nothing to do with your pointless statements about MTV and grunge music...or diarrhea stream talk about why it’s no longer mainstream or popular (who cares?) and honestly it’s the first album you’ve mentioned that isn’t played out radio garbage. “Hating” a music genre makes you a fool. All this music you hate is all radio music anyway...which can easily be turned off- do you not own a fucking CD player?? Put on your favorite hair metal and stop whining about pussy shit...knock it off, man

I like early Ratt, Dokken, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister and Skid Row well enough, but even the best bands in that scene seemed to lose it after an album or two. There are a fair number of more obscure bands that are actually pretty good.

I don't find most 1980s hair metal and hard rock unlistenable, even though a lot of it's really poppy and vapid. It beats a lot of other stuff.

Reactions: Nate Skalman