I hate grunge.

You are right but metal cant be about god thats about it

seems to me you are the one with all the coke and noone to do it with.

Is this really what people who talk about rain in december and snorting coke off the tits of a hooker really think about real life? it probably is but then again i dont give a fucking fuck so be it.

i like rap cause the music involves fucking often with bigger penises than you most likely have so it is just that much better. plus we got wizards and that is cool but harry is better than all of that comboned so i dont really even know. our music sells more than you faker fingerbangers we use the real pipe so keep posing hater.

slaughtering with wood is ultimately better. its even more METAL than leather cause i dont need a bull to front my shit.

writing singable pop hits and thinking we are edge. CJJECK!

and being able to bang any chick who can smell his penis thats a real talent rock!

banging more and more chicks is what makes metal and if you are a chick in metal you should get pussy instead of dick because it is more hardcore that way and we dont wanna be faggots even if we pose as ones.
I like Megadeth ad I like Poison. Music is music if it has instruments. I don't think any death metal musician could even come close to Warren DE Martini or Steve Vi Billy Sheehan on bass .You would know if ever you tried to play any of their songs . How is hair metal not real metal? Bands like Guns N‘ Roses, Def Leppard, Poison, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue etc, happened way before bands like Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse, Emperor etc. I’ll admit that Metallica, Megadeth, and Pantera were really good too, even though they aren’t hair metal. But you gotta give hair metal some credit! Modern metal wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for hair metal. Hair metal is the real stuff man. Grunge did not keep rock alive .It lasted three years because college kids bought it .Hair metal ruled for 10 years

Last edited:
Guilty as charged. At least it was my gateway to real metal though. But just for the record Korn always sucked.

My friend and I have a running inside joke that Korn are objectively the worst band ever. Their lyrics have a writing level of a middle schooler.

Modem metal wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for hair metal.
Is Modem Metal metal that came from the internet? Hair Metal produced internet metal? Cisco and Netgear have been colluding with Nikki Sixx and Tracii Guns to influence new styles and create fake userbots to roam the internet spreading the word of the scourge of Grunge and ultimate genius of the late great Jani Lane?

I love all Iron Maiden 80's stuff....think they peaked with Powerslave.
Wasn't surprised when Bruce left as they sounded tired by Fear Of The Dark.
The two Blaze albums....no thanks.
Loved Brave New World, but they are very hit and miss since for me....and I just cannot get into their last 2 albums.

Uncle Tom’s Cabin?...I’m surprised ‘Unskinny Bop’ didn’t make your top Poison pick...corn me up!
Metal never had a larger audience until hair metal. Plain and simple. People got sick of Grunge quicker than they did Hair Metal. Hair metal filled a void. Most 60s and 70s acts were on the decline, or were "owned" by the baby boomer generation. New wave had declined by that time. There was "serious" rock by Springsteen, U2, et al, but that again tended to be more serious and less fun. Punk/alternative had all the posturing about credibility of the listener. If you were a young kid trying to get into that music someone who already listened to it would be as likely to sneer at you as welcome a new fan.

Hair metal had a rock image. Beyond the power ballads those bands did have up tempo material, though it seems those songs were never hits on the level of the ballads. And there wasn't the self-conciousness of punk-alternative. They were just bands trying to make it big, sell tickets and records, make good music. I don't recall Elvis or The Beatlessneering at potential fans the way punk/alternative always did. Different time, more of a generational thing, but back then it was "Don't Knock The Rock", just people trying to have a good time. Listening to the younger people with their uninformed opinions about the stereotype of 1980s Rock n Roll makes me realize how dumb I must have sounded to my uncles when I was a kid. Not all music needs to be making some deep musical statement or profound lyric commentary to be good. A lot of these bands had a very fruitful career and made a pretty penny, became famous and can still tour and remain viable to a lot of people. "Hair metal" has contributed profoundly in the world of music, more so than "Grunge" (where is that now and who can name all the members of "Pearl jam" off the top of their heads or "Alice In Pain's" for that matter?). And to a lot of people "Hair Metal" is great, fun, rocking, chicks loved it and it was great going to concerts when a bunch of chicks are going also! I WILL go as far as saying if you want to classify a band that actually have hair as Hair metal, you might as well include Led Zeppelin, KISS, Aerosmith, or any band from the 70's cause they ALL had long hair and they ALL wrote catchy memorable songs. You can talk about the derivativeness of all the 2nd-tier hair bands, but at least all those guys could play. It was still cool to be in a rock band and be really awesome at your instrument, and 25 years later, I'm still waiting for that to be acceptable again. It was fun and mindless, and allowed a lot of disaffected suburban kids to work out some aggression in a reasonably safe manner. It didn't hurt that it was metal that women liked.

I'd call Van Halen a protoypical hair metal band; in many ways, they created the template for every other band that followed them down the Sunset Strip.

I never considered Guns n Roses hair metal. They were influenced more by the Stones and Aerosmith than Van Halen and glam rock. They were drunks and junkies who actually led the life they claimed to. (Until they got huge, at which point they were gluttons of excess, again, like the Stones and Aerosmith in their heydays). Even a band like Metallica didn't really get mainstream popularity until they softened things up on the Black Album and girls started buying it & going to show. The model was clearly to make albums like Aerosmith, KISS, or Van Halen.

Even when Mötley Crüe and W.A.S.P. attempted more ambitious projects in the 90's, they paled in comparison to what came before. Generation Swine was a disaster. The Crimson Idol is good, but it is essentially a retread of Quadrophenia and The Wall. In other words, pointless for most.
A lot of hair metal bands had plenty of solid songs about things other than girls, booze, & partying. Hell even Warrant had Uncle Tom's Cabin which is a great song in any genre. It's certainly not Cherry Pie though they're on the same album. W.A.S.P. was pretty frickin' far from "hair metal" Iron Maiden & The Scorpions wore plenty of spandex too. And man the girls loved sexy time with some Leppard and Poison et al. Good times,good times. I loved it then, love it now, and couldn't care less what elitest snobs think of it.

that was simultaneously the most pathetic and heartwarming thing i've ever read.

"And to a lot of people "Hair Metal" is great, fun, rocking, chicks loved it and it was great going to concerts when a bunch of chicks are going also!"

that's a hard sell on this bunch

edit: I feel like this guy jumped straight from 1991 to the internet

What’s with you and pussy, chicks, getting laid etc.?...you remind me of Tack from The Stoned AgeView attachment 14799
Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse - "Fight For Your Right" Lafayette Concert 1991 LA. Rock was never better then at this time when hair bands were ruling the world. I miss those days so much!!!
Music is shit these days.....talent is minimal at very least.

Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse - "Fight For Your Right" Lafayette Concert 1991 LA. Rock was never better then at this time when hair bands were ruling the world. I miss those days so much!!!
Music is shit these days.....talent is minimal at very least.

b-b-but muh old music