I hate grunge.

Modern example of why hair metal is dead: Steel Panther is the last you pathetic types have anymore...much like most flammery of the late 80’s early 90’s -they’re complete low IQ idiots, their fans are low IQ idiots, they’re songwriting sucks...bad!...they look absolutely stupid, they treat women like shit...poor “chicks” are too drunk/drugged out/stupid to realize it or are of such low moral fiber they don’t care...classy!!...I don’t care about Satchels’ licks and leads...Imagine if Misha, Ola, and Petrucci acted like you...?...hair metal is dead because people like YOU ruined it for everyone else...even Kiss took the makeup off...(wait...they DIDN’T!!)...it’s called “growing up”
I found the grunge bands, pretentious, and self righteous. They were always trying, to prove how, pure their motives were in making music. In the end it was just an act, all artists want to sell records and make money. MTV got bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam and simply kicked all hair metal off. There was no competition. MTV forced the music on us. By mid 1993 MTV only played grunge and rap and there was no real voice of people who listened to music so naturally the rest of the world got on board and listened to what they were told was current. Now today, MTV is not even a real music channel. ANY band from the hair metal band days could play ANY song ever produced by a grunge band. However, it'd be rare for a grunge band to have the musical skills to play songs by the "hair" bands. To be in a "hair" band, you had to be very skilled. Most of them knew jazz, blues, country... and quite a few had been classically trained. Yes, the hair was a marketing issue. Underneath the hair was a very good musician. They teach grunge songs to beginners in music school... They teach hair metal songs to the advanced class.
And that ... is the basic facts. Hair Metal never tried to fool you. It was over the top and a parity of itself, but everything was right out on the table. The worst kind of a follower is one who won't admit that they are one! Grunge is dead because all of your heroes either killed themselves or are in a psych ward.

I don't remember the exact quote, but I remember Vince Neil saying something like the following: Most of our lives did suck at first, but music was a place to escape to and dream. Not complain!

If there is one analogy that goes worth grunge music, I would have to say it would be whiner music. My mommy doesn't love me enough boo hoo, someone give me some black fingernails and cry with with me. I'd like to see one grunge guitarist play the solo to Freight train by Nitro. That's the benchmark!!! They'd piss in their pants and run to gloria steinem and cry in her lap!!! To hell with all the grunge and emo bullshit. You can say what you want about hair metal, but some of the best guitarist came from this genre of music. Showing the sleepy sad face does not make and musician better...

Let's imagine, if there were to be a contest of who could sing better, who could play better original guitar riffs, who could smash the drums better, the grunge guys would not even be able to compete with the guitarists of hair metal bands... they were musicians and singers, not just angry people trying to sing and play. The "Pop-Metal" bands of the 80's were a hell of a lot of fun. I can't think of a single "Grunge" or Alternative band out of the 90's that was genuinely fun.

Most of the "Hair Metal" (revisionist history term not used back in the day) bands had top notch musicians who were trying to earn their money by giving their fans a big show as a distraction from their daily problems. "Grunge" bands did not (for the most part) feature musicians as technically accomplished as the "Pop Metal" bands did. "Grunge" bands didn't offer their fans an escape from their daily problems - they reminded them of just how bad their lives were.

You’d think with all their money they could afford food...I’m sure chicks were having a blast with one of these 90 lb skeletons climbing on top of them...

Modern example of why hair metal is dead: Steel Panther is the last you pathetic types have anymore...much like most flammery of the late 80’s early 90’s -they’re complete low IQ idiots, their fans are low IQ idiots, they’re songwriting sucks...bad!...they look absolutely stupid, they treat women like shit...poor “chicks” are too drunk/drugged out/stupid to realize it or are of such low moral fiber they don’t care...classy!!...I don’t care about Satchels’ licks and leads...Imagine if Misha, Ola, and Petrucci acted like you...?...hair metal is dead because people like YOU ruined it for everyone else...even Kiss took the makeup off...(wait...they DIDN’T!!)...it’s called “growing up”
I'm a "non-ironic" fan of 80s hair metal - so I've never quite bought into Steel Panther. The whole 'wink wink we're actually serious musicians' aspect is what ruins Steel Panther for me. It's too slick, too professional. They want to be taken seriously as a band while at the same time saying it's all a parody. They started as a live comedy/metal show on the Strip and called themselves "Metal Skool." They were playing for YEARS before making any albums as "Steel Panther." They'd play every Monday night at one of the famed clubs on Sunset and people like Vince Neil or P!nk would come up and sing with them. It just got bigger and bigger. Then the albums and tours came. But this has always been satire of the R and X-rated side of the 80's metal world. A "PG" version of it isn't the same. Spinal Tap is Spinal Tap. This ain't that.

About 2 years ago our company sold Vince Neil an aluminum body ‘65 Shelby Cobra and had it transported...he was SO STUPID him and his “mechanic” had to call our shop to figure out how to start his own car...then he threw a fit and got mouthy because we were all laughing at him over speaker phone...my partner eventually called him a ”dipshit”...he made a bunch of sissy threats and got hung up on...

Just listen to the music.
You really think MAB’s leads are good in that??...you honestly think that goofball’s vocals are “good”?? Good songwriting???...you need to go clean out your fucking ears, my friend...that shit straight fucking SUCKS, even by hair metal standards...

Nevermind sold more than Adrenalize in the early 1990s. That includes prior to Cobain's death, or even before 1992 was over. Please do even a tiny bit of research before posting your outlandish claims.
I bought Adrenalize at a midnight sale on it's release day. It debuted at # 1 in the states and sold over 3 million. Let's Get Rocked is an earworm that was in my head probably all of 1992 as it was everywhere. Tonight, Stand Up, and Tear It Down are my favorites on the album. I've always loved it, even if not as much as some of their other albums. Given they were dealing with the loss of one of their founding guitarists, the pressure to compete with the success of Hysteria, and that it came out at the height of the grunge movement, it's speaks volumes that the album came out as well as it did - both artistically, and commercially. I was 17 in 1992 and in high school, and it was very popular. Nirvana and the like came across as very amateurish at that time. Something any kid in school could do in their garage. My high school was all about the Use Your Illusions and the Black Album at the time, but Soundgarden and AIC were getting up there. I really liked Adrenalize when it came out, I still like it, but obviously it doesn't measure up to the standard set by Pyromania and even more so, Hysteria. It did sound like Hysteria part II, but without the refinement and finesse of its predecessor.

I actually think it had been regarded a bit higher (and sold better), had it come out a year earlier before Metallica, Use Your Illusion and Nirvana and what have you. Still, it spent 5 weeks atop the Billboard Top 200, shipped triple platinum in two months or so, spawned five Top 100 hit singles and saw the band's longest ever tour (241 dates playing to over two Million people). Ended up selling 3 million in the states and not all of that was in the month of April. I think it sounded current throughout the summer and fall. Make Love Like A Man got heavy rotation on Mtv that summer and Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad got a lot of radio play that Fall. Bon Jovi's Keep the Faith album came out in Nov and went double platinum into 1993. Of course these figures are far less than Leppard and Jovi had sold with previous outings and it was clear only their strongest fans were buying these but at least they still had that base.

You really think MAB’s leads are good in that??...you honestly think that goofball’s vocals are “good”?? Good songwriting???...you need to go clean out your fucking ears, my friend...that shit straight fucking SUCKS, even by hair metal standards...
W.A.S.P. What do you think?