"I have returned from a long abscence!" <----You? Post HERE!

hmmm, it makes 3 years i didn't practice my german

wirtshaft is related to economic (but it have a lot of meaning and i am absolutely not sure about that word) and gesellshaft means society ...

no clue of what means the thing in the middle and the meaning of the word

Wirtschaftspruefungesellschaft

i can only give you a description. it's kind of an institution of the state which checks the financial balance reports of corporations. has something to do with taxes as well.
pruefung (Prüfung) means examination in this case.

Originally posted by Everlost
This place is great!! You can discuss Dark tranquillity AND learn at the same time :lol:

And what's most important: You never know what is the real subject of each thread, since a few posts after it's born it gets totally mutated :p

"Wirtschaftspruefungesellschaft"

whoooooooooaa!!!!!!! 30 letters!!!!!! well I guess longest word in Spanish has about 12 letters or so...I could build lot's of sentences with less words "que te den, palurdo" just makes sense and it has 15 letters....
do you use some kind of special board to play Scrabble (TM)???
You could play on a Ping Pong table and still run out of space...

fathervic (amazed on how big can words be)

and Oh! forget the other posts....it's not the cola....it's just some hormone failure!

yes Siren that would be a result of myself, FatherVic, and our good Catalan robot friend |ngenious, we make it our sole purpose to change the direction of threads and we do a damn good job?

Who here likes ham and cheese? :D

I love Cedar with doritos! and well Manchego and Emental are not that bad, but I just can't stand those horrible greenish stuff!
Ham well, I don't like cooked ham but here we have the best cured ham in the world, and as a good Spanish i just love it!!!!!!
what about sauces man???? I do like them spicy and mustard a lot!!!!!!

Sauces rule, spicey ones especially. Im not a huge mustard fan tho........occasionally maybe, not often. Pesto sauce! That rules, Spaghetti sauce of course, Parmesian fuckin rules too!

well you know I'm not into cheese, that's why Parmessian doesn't apply that much to me!
and well mustard has been my best friend when eating fries, no, no Ketchup for me!

I like toasts.
And I like sandwiches...
With cheese and ham......
Maybe not ham, turkey instead........

GOD I'M HUNGRY!!!

ok I insert and stupid one here (ooooh! how original from my part *ehem*)
to ask for that sandwitch here (the one with cooked ham and molten cheese over it) you got to ask for a "Biquini"
I don't know why it's called like that, biquini here is also a swim wear so I just don't get it, but things are like this here...and they still want us to be sane! :cool:

hmmm I like some kinds of cheese and definitely not the "fat" ones....i Love cottage cheese..i even eat it with spaghetti,i know it looks at least disgusting,but i love it :D

as for hams and stuff...hmm...i rarely eat ham and when i do so i mostly eat "turkey ham" ....bacon sucks and loooks awful *puke*

I love toasts with mustard and cheese ...
Mustard never with french fries...with meatballs yes (sometimes)
but what i love is fries with a bit of mayonnaise (the light one,please :rolleyes: )

ok okey i have to admit my taste in food is from strange to idiotic :D

when do we get to see the women of the Dt forum in "biquinis" :lol:

Yes Cottage cheese friggen rules, it looks like crap but its nice and lumpy! IT EVEN TASTES LIKE CHEESE!

Honey Ham kicks ass!

AND TURKEY ROXXORZ ALL! AND CHILE!

Originally posted by FatherVic
ok I insert and stupid one here (ooooh! how original from my part *ehem*)
to ask for that sandwitch here (the one with cooked ham and molten cheese over it) you got to ask for a "Biquini"
I don't know why it's called like that, biquini here is also a swim wear so I just don't get it, but things are like this here...and they still want us to be sane! :cool:

haha, we got a cocktail called "sex on the beach". really funny to order.

The longest word in finnish language goes approximately this way:

"Epäjärjestelmällistämättömyydellänsäkäänkö"

It is a single word, but there are so many suffixes that it is virtually impossible for anyone to understand.

-Villain

and the longest french word is anticonstitutionnellement
only 25 letters ...

and the word is used only when someone asks you what is the longest word :lol:

it's an adverb, designing something which is contrary to the Constitution ... so it is almost never used ...

for the funny names, i have nothing like that in french in my mind...
ah, near Paris, there is a town called "Bourg la Reine"

in popular french, it means Fuck the Queen

english: one or more words for every thing you can think of

german: fewer words, so germans tend to build up new words combined of the old ones, for example: waschmaschine (waschen= to wash; maschine= machine ->washing machine)

and now the french: they have fewer words than english but are too lazy to create combinations, so they tend to describe the thing they are meaning. (machine á laver-> machine for washing). this drives me nuts. the sentences get longer and longer the more unusual a thing is. (maybe a space station, translated back from french, would be "a haven where flying vessels dock in earth orbit" ;) )

i am not sure for the number of words in french ... Few are used actually, but french has some levels, and i have to admit that when i am listening someone from the "Academie Française", i don't understand almost half of the words :confused:
but even for the common french, every words has 5 or more almost synonyms, which are different only by a gradation ...
i am not sure we can find that in english ... aprt from the french words used in that language (french was the language of the english nobility and scholars between the XI century and the invasion of England by "Guillaume le Normand" and the End of the Renaissance ... hehehe no wonder why the oldest novel known about King Arthur ("La Morte d'Arthu") was written by an english, in old french ... Even King Richard Coeur de Lion spoke only old french)

and i have french->french and english->english dictionnaries, and the french one is 3 times bigger

btw about the spatial station, you have forgotten to translate the part about the fact that there is the only place you can eat a Big Mac cleanly

Aegis nostalgic about the time when France was the light shining on the whole world (well, Asia was too far) ... ok that has never been true but ...

EDIT : no idea why i wrote that, but that seemed good to me while i was writing it

I eat mustard to everything...:) We´ve got this "hot and sweet" mustard which is perfect for toasts or just on a cheese sandwich...mmmm, yummy! Or on "pytt i panna" dunno what that is in English though, it´s potatoes, meat and onion that is fried and served with fried egg ...mmmmmmmmm...

phyros (who doesn´t have a clue about the longest Swedish word...:) )