I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I haven't introduced myself yet. So...

My name is Vid, 20 years old, from Slovenia and I study in Austria to become a translator someday - which means that I still have to improve my English quite a lot and this forum looks like if everyone has like 23 dictionaries. :) I also want to study drums on a music college here... but I still need to practise to pass the entrance exams (2 years I guess).

Needless to say that Dark tranquillity is my favourite metal band. :)

thanks and welcome everybody! king chaos : my favourite bands are dark tranquillity eh eh, hatesphere and also some shape of despair. that's for the metal and for rock music i love led zeppelin, DDT (a russian group) and french groups like noir désir, les wriggles etc...
oh and i pay more attention to music and melody than to lyrics because when groups sing in english, i don't understand well lyrics, so i have to admit that what mickeal says is a big mystery for me..shame on me...but maybe there are threads about it on the board?
-dark silence: merci! tu es francais(e)?

There are some lyric interpretation threads, Im sure some of the helpful members here will find them for you. But to tell you the truth, what Mikael says is often a mystery to me too. I get the impression with his and niklas' lyrics you need to be able to read between the lines sometimes. Like all great artists/auteurs they have certain ideas and views that run through the whole career of their music.

atchoum said:
i have to admit that what mickeal says is a big mystery for me..shame on me...

King Chaos said:
what Mikael says is often a mystery to me too. I get the impression with his and niklas' lyrics you need to be able to read between the lines sometimes. Like all great artists/auteurs they have certain ideas and views that run through the whole career of their music.

make it three :) by just listening, it's very very hard for me to understand what he says. I remember spending hours in dictionaries to get Hedon's lyrics, but knowing the words is usually not enough.

atchoum said:
oh and i pay more attention to music and melody than to lyrics because when groups sing in english, i don't understand well lyrics, so i have to admit that what mickeal says is a big mystery for me..shame on me...but maybe there are threads about it on the board?

I alway find them to be nietzchean and nihilistic. And it's really up to you to decide what it means. A wrongful interpretation leads to a whole new world, that's what's wonderful about poetry.

Et bienvenue à bord.

due to the increasing amount of water in my beer, this thread is closed.
nah, just kidding. i mostly drink wine, because i'm from italy. i'm shutting down this thread because it's too long and cumbersome and oh my god i've always wanted to use "cumbersome" in normal conversation.

check the rules thread, new people who are reading this for some reason. you'll find directions to the new thread there.

Status
Not open for further replies.