I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
At the request of FatherVic, and the indirect request of my robotic friend |ngenious, if your new to the forum, post alllll you interesting info here. HAVE FUN AND DRINK LOBSTER JUICE! :)

Lobster juice???? something to do with Zoidberg¿?
well anyway, I know that in few dayz somebody will open a new thread saying he/she is new here, but I encourage every newbie to post a BIG HELLO here and I welcome in my own name to ya all :loco:
and thanx f_v, that's a great chap :p

yeah i'm new. so i have to post here i guess? ;)

well what's interesting about me... I'm male, 18 from Luzern/Switzerland and of course i like Dark Tranquillity a lot! well in fact i listen to almost all kinds of metal, so power, true, heavy, speed , melodic, progressive metal but above all thrash, death and black metal. and yeah i want to play the guitar as soon as i have enough money :D
metal is my life i can't be one single day without metal, i listen to music every second i can.
so this is enough for now, a big HELLO to all metal fans out there! :)

Woot my post got used :D

Welcome man, great to have another true fan of the wonder that is heavy metal, and of course the all mighty Dark Tranquillity, enjoy your stay and fuck there is NO ROOM SERVICE!

Cheers! ;)

welcome Emperor...
btw what the difference between speed and power metal??
and WTF is pure metal????? Iron??? Gold??? Platinum???

pure metal? did i write pure metal? and well the differences are not easy to see, but speed metal is just faster, but sometimes it's also almost the same... but pure metal doesn't exist as far is i know ;)

thanks for the link, i'll check it out. well the differences between the genres are very hard to explain, because sometimes it has almost no differences. maybe this site can help

I consider speed metal thrashier and less melodic than power metal. Still quite melodic, and of course speedy, but it doesn't have those ridiculously high voices and synths and crap most of the time. That's just my definition though.

Originally posted by phyre
but it doesn't have those ridiculously high voices and synths and crap most of the time.
:lol:
hehe i agree with this definition actually

the first Blind Guardian albums are speed metal! (with some power metal elements)....

well the only genres I get to recognise are the main ones
death metal (and the hints of melodicness too), black metal, gothic metal, thrash metal, and heavy metal. viking metal now is becoming a revelation for me...
a part from that I normally get lost into genres, and that's why I normally don't give a shit about them :)
I normally use my own genres, "likeit" "dislikeit" :loco:

yeah that isnt a very good page of genre descriptions, I wont put my own descriptions because well.......I dont know enough about metal genre as a whole hehe. I wish there were a really complete list of genre definitions because i hate argueing oh they arent death metal or theyre melodic death or their pop or their jazz or FUCK THEIR COUNTRY!

...but I'm not sure is this thread for new users anymore.
It's fascinating how for example this thread turned into a discussion of differences between genres of metal.

Well, that was only a thought that happened to find it's way into my mind while reading these posts. So don't let me interrupt you, just add a little welcome to me at the bottom of your messages :)

something about me:
Best chances to see me are here in Finland, where I was resurrected few years ago from a centuries long roaming without material body.

I've had all my sexual experiences with women and I'm not lesbian. Now you can guess whether I'm male or female. Wrong answers are not accepted.

And finally, this is propably the longest (and stupidest :D )message I've ever written to a board like this but won't be for long, I promise :cool:

Hallo, and welcome all of you...:) I am Phyros, Manager of Room, Beer, Food and Girls...

This genre thing is funny BTW... Everyone seems to make their own up whenever it suits them, which I think may be a good way to describe your music, but it tends (as with a lotsa things) to get a bit over the top, if you get what I´m rambling about...:) Well, I fullheartly agree with FatherVic so, read his post for my ops. :)

-mebeout-

Hello everyone,

I'm a full-blooded American who loves Dark Tranquility, I love ever type of genre there is in metal, except nu-metal which really sucks the big one. Disturded kick ass!!! Fuck know they don't, well I have a few idiotic friends who think Iced Earth and Nevermore are glam rock. Well like I said idiotic, they believe the best music out there is Slipknot, Linkin Park, Disturbed gay ass music like that with no thought put into it. Bands I currently dig are Iced Earth, nevermore, opeth, Dark Tranquility, Twin Obscenity, Cryptopsy. All that music that is good, is it me or does Centurymedia records have the best music put out on the market? I recently posted on the dream thread by Ingenious, fair warning what I wrot there is very sad and depressing.

Hopefully I'll Get to meet everyone of you!

Take Care and Keep Metal alive, Opethchild23

I think it'd take the time to introduce myself, although I've already done a few posts here....but back then, I didn't come to think of starting a thread to introduce my humble self.....

So, I'm male, German, student, playing the guitar in a metal band - I just say metal because I don't want that mess again when it comes to talking about the specific genre :lol: .

I'm a big fan of In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates (which I discovered recently). I also like some Carcass, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy, Hatesphere, Sentenced bla bla bla stuff, but I also listen to oher bbands/artists like Pink Floyd, Maiden, Sisters of Mercy and on and on....Forgot to mention that I love Irish folk and Ireland - especially Guinness.

Sadly I have to announce that I have not been around before as a spirit without a body or something similarly exciting, but that I have just been born as myself, and just once for now....

To the folks from the "dreams" thread: I share a lot of your feelings, but I have not taken time by now to write myself in there, but maybe I will at some time in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.