"I have returned from a long abscence!" <----You? Post HERE!

Im back from Cornwall. It was a refreshing holiday, and to say the accomodation was a spider infested C17th epitome of misery isn't an understatement. Of course I approached it as an adventure, and to some extent I got one.

Every morning I took a trip in the meadows with either my guitar or just a walkman listening to Nightwish, stratovarius, Dark Tranquillity or Sonata acrtica. Some days I covered close to four miles in the dew scented hours of each day. That was probably the best thing about the holiday, the tranquillity.

On the way home I saw a huge system of tornadoes, at one point there were four water spouts in the sky. Its been some what an ambition of mine to one day witness the might of a tornado, and I did, which was nice (under statement).

I started reading the first book of the Mallorean series by David eddings (Guardians of the west). Im just coming to the end of it now and I have to say it is a fantastic tale, I'd advise any of you fantasy fans to lay your eyes upon his works... definately my favourite author. anyone read anything by him? what did you think?

well now Im back but I dont know how much posting Ill be doing as I have alot on my plate at the moment. Ill try post some pics in the next couple of days. Its good to be back.

Welcome back. :wave:
King Chaos said:
I started reading the first book of the Mallorean series by David eddings (Guardians of the west). Im just coming to the end of it now and I have to say it is a fantastic tale, I'd advise any of you fantasy fans to lay your eyes upon his works... definately my favourite author. anyone read anything by him? what did you think?
I read the Elenium trilogy, and will now have to be persuaded very hard to read anything else done by him. It was really dull for the most part, and I never got the sense that the characters were ever in any kind of real danger, there was never a time when I thought "well how the hell are they going to get past this? what the hell are they going to do now?" etc, there only ever seemed to be minor problems that were easily overcome.

Rusty said:
Welcome back. :wave:
I read the Elenium trilogy, and will now have to be persuaded very hard to read anything else done by him. It was really dull for the most part, and I never got the sense that the characters were ever in any kind of real danger, there was never a time when I thought "well how the hell are they going to get past this? what the hell are they going to do now?" etc, there only ever seemed to be minor problems that were easily overcome.

i thought edding's books were pretty good when i read them all 5-8 years ago. that doesn't really say anything though.

I'm kinda back too so expect me to post an extra post every month, making it a total of 2 posts a month (foolish pics posted due to a chemically altered state of mind and a relentless persuader not included).

@ Idari, Thanks for the warm welcome back :D, Ill get working on the pics...

@ Rusty, Its true, his works are alot like a fantasy soap opera at times, but I love the characters so far and the way they interact, plus there's been one or two kickass fights. Nice seeing you again Rus :D

@ Ony:rofl:ragon, Im doing good.... My holidays end in a day, and that pisses me off slightly. I definately havn't wasted my time off from schooool, so I take validation in that. Thanks for the welcome back!

King Chaos said:
@ Rusty, Its true, his works are alot like a fantasy soap opera
:lol: What a great way of putting it.
Qsilver said:
I'm kinda back too so expect me to post an extra post every month, making it a total of 2 posts a month (foolish pics posted due to a chemically altered state of mind and a relentless persuader not included).
Moi Juuso yksi. :p

I'm back from an absence of a couple of weeks, caused by real life concerns - it's good to see everything's pretty much fine here (or so it seems, I haven't still read all the threads). :Spin:

-Villain

The feeling is mutual - and yes, the Survivor must go on. I think I can post the new polls tomorrow, so you can close the current ones sometime later today or tomorrow.

-Villain

Hi everyone!!!!!!!
I'm back from holiday and I can see I've missed out on lots and lots of things. Can anybody quickly fill me in? Why do you have so many 'new-sth' threads? What happened to the old ones?
It's so good to be back. But I've realized that it IS possible to live without the Internet. I never knew that. :wave:

hi branwen! you ok? we sort of are, i guess.

about the new threads: read a thread called "long threads", and check out a new rule in the rules thread as well, it should tell you all you need to know.
what else is in the news? people have met in helsinki for the tuska festival and madly fell in love with each other, woman to woman and man to man. the new dt record and ep are about to be released. and i'm longing for pineapples.

fireangel said:
Well, you become a famous guy in the movie scene and will have delivered truckloads of them to your workplace. Just claim you can´t work without them :p
ah, the terrible, despicable effects stardom can have on some people! never shall i give in to the lust to the point of being consumed by it. :p

fireangel said:
But I don´t see why you wouldn´t take the chance to have pineapples at hand whenever you wish
avaunt, temptress! :mad: thou who visit me with pineapple, the fruit of sin. after a lifetime of reveling in the pleasures of the flesh, you'll come to claim my soul and drag it to eternal fire, i know. :(