I just realized...

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
That I have been listening to barely any metal lately. At all.

Lots of underground hardcore and metalcore, mostly MA local. You know, all that Boston HxC shit. And a lot of old school rap and hip hop. Also, a lot of alternative and indie and acoustic shit. Not very heavy stuff.

Since I began listening to metal I barely listened to anything else. I guess it's a phase, but I'm becoming very non metal lately. being bored with metal, I guess :erk:

Anyone else go through this before?

I always listen to music. I've just been scaring myself with this whole no-metal thing for a while. The only metal I've been listening to is Dripping and Lost Horizon, mostly. Two albums.

I will always listen to metal, and it will always be my favourite genre but lately, I've been listening to more non-metal. Maybe I need a break from it, or maybe metal hasn't recently given me a reason to listen to it? This happens a lot with black metal which is overall, my favourite genre in metal. However lately I've been listening to London After Midnight, Cinema Strange, God Module among other bands.

I wouldnt say I go off metal, I just listen to all the types of music I like, song after song, so ill listen to Testament, then Asia, then Ratt, then Kenny Loggins, etc. So im constantly listening to different genres so nothing gets boring.

I have those times where I just dont want to listen to Metal, and I listen to other stuff. Its pretty normal in my opinion. It happens every 1-2 months for me.

I'll go for days without metal (probably sometimes a week)...during that time I'll listen to a lot of acoustic stuff, some neo folk, some ska, prog...whatever crops up in the old mp3 player.

I had these big off-times with metal first upon discovering Sol Invictus. I still listen to mostly metal, but before bed I'll put on something folkish or ambient. Alternately, Varathron is a prime choice of a metal finale for those late hours- it always calms me down.

I have been listening to mostly metal, a good amount of classical music and a bit of classic rock in the same ratio for the past 3 years.

2 months ago that happened to me. I burned out. it scared me. thankfully, I'm back on the metal gravy train once again.

2 months ago that happened to me. I burned out. it scared me. thankfully, I'm back on the metal gravy train once again.

What ohiogrinder burned out on metal.

I stoped listening to metal relgiously last october when I needed something to fit my emotional stance at the moment. Zombie Ritual no longer fit my mood so Narc by interpol begain to take its hold on me

But yes i am board of metal. I still listen to extreme metal but not in regular rotaion. The only reason i am on this board still is becuase metal fans know more about music then most people.

Actually, about a month ago I burned out temporarily on black metal and death metal, so I kept listening to The Beatles until I got my hands on a few Doom Metal albums to help balance my metal input. Now I'm back to listening to mostly black metal, but the added shot of doom into the shuffle mix has been quite refreshing.

It's about to happen to me also, after I stop listening to metal I just listen to some non metal bands for a few days and then start liking metal again. I'm into a fair ammount of non metal music; rock, classic rock, pop, ambient, electronics, rap, country, power pop. After that I stop and start back to constant metal with a little non metal here and there.

If I'm not listening to what could be called 'metal', I am usually at least enjoying related/earlier styles, such as Thin Lizzy, Rainbow, Deep Purple, and so on.