Meet Your MDFers~!

cookiecutter

Proceed to Ultraslamming
Feb 10, 2006
Toronto ON
slam-minded.blogspot.com
Sup all, the goal of this thread is for the people going to the Maryland Deathfest to get to know one another a little better. I will begin. I always have fun and make friends at MDF, but a weekend can be too short a time to really get to know someone, so I figure a head start would be nice.

My real life name is Nick, I am from Boston, MA but I live in Toronto for most of the year. I am taking History at University of Toronto and I have just completed my third year. I can be reserved when first meeting people so don't be put off, I'm actually pretty cool. My favorite types of metal are brutal death metal and depressive black metal, but I like most extreme metal to some degree. I also like a lot of hardcore and hip hop.

Here is a picture of me smiling nicely at you.
17574_1134770289429_1232460393_30625655_8166506_n.jpg

Hai~ I am Andy please to be making your acquaintance :3

I am from about 30 minutes north of Nick up there ^ in Lowell, MA, a historical city known for being one of the first manufacturing cities (for textiles) in the country, employing a ton of Irish immigrants (like probably my ancestors!). Also for being the birthplace of the (vastly overrated) writer Jack Kerouac.

I am pretty outgoing and energetic, as most of you who have been there previous years know. Don't hesitate to give me beer or begin a discussion about some underground metal with me! I will also assist you in finding good CDs to buy, if anyone needs/wants help with that. I like dark stouts, ales and some IPAs. I'm pretty pumped for this year; lots of new blood in the hotel, so we'll definitely preach to you with some Beherit chanting or something.

See ya in a few weeks bitches.

P.S. I also write for Slam-Minded with that dude up there, as if everyone here didn't already know that. And, as if no one has seen this pic yet, here's a pic of Nick and I at MDF outside last year:
4227_82708426886_699811886_2291851_6391840_n.jpg

edit: oh yeah genres of metal. Well, if you check my last.fm you'll notice that I have some of the most uneven, all-over-the-place taste in metal, so yeah. I like good shit.

My name is Jeremy, originally from Boston, MA but now live and study in Maine. I'm 21 and am wrapping up my junior year at UMaine, double majoring in Premodern European History and Latin.

I love all forms of Black Metal, and listen to fair amount of old school Death Metal and Thrash Metal and Doom Metal. I also enjoy Classical music and have been getting more and more into EBM/Dark Electro/Aggrotech/Industrial kind of stuff.

I am a snob, but I try to suppress that impulse in social situations, and it's easiest when I'm with people of similar interests. Metal is a given, but I love to discuss history, languages and other intellectual blather. From my experience at MDF, I've gotten along with you types just fine. I enjoy a good drink, but am not party animal.

4587_1093574979572_1232460105_30479424_1981971_n.jpg

Oh right, I also juggle, and may bring some props and teach you guys some moves.

5771_1118019430270_1220520142_30342575_612500_n.jpg

My name is Kristian, although I'm often called Kris. Senior in high school, my plans for the future are unknown, but right I'm planning on working full time at the coop and taking a year off and go to a community college and maybe go to a four year school to make up for my shitty grades in high school. Right now I'm 18.

I'm a pretty chill guy, and don't sweat the small stuff, or even larger things if I know you pretty well. I enjoy smoking weed, and having a beer or two, but I don't drink too much.

I like old school metal including US power metal, thrash, traditional metal, traditional doom as well as some old school death metal. I'll also play some black metal every once in a while, but I mostly enjoy the basic 1st and 2nd wave stuff. I also enjoy 60s and 70s rock and some 80s hardcore.
24261_110538578957565_100000042713916_276596_2579661_n.jpg

Hey all, I'm Kevin, but you can call me Kevin if you want. I've been attending a community college here in Colorado Springs, CO for a couple semesters, and after a couple more, I plan on transferring to UCF Orlando. I am in a band, but have learned not to talk about it unless I'm asked. I enjoy smoking weed AND drinking, and I prefer whiskey over other drinks, and none of that Canadian bullshit. Though I am an introvert, I tend to be fairly outgoing.

I like black metal, and while I've been listening to a lot of the post/progressive/gay stuff lately, I am familiar with and fond of the many different styles of black metal. I tend to like most modern metal, and have been listening to quite a bit of post metal lately. I dabble in sludge, brutal death metal, progressive/instrumental/jazz metal, folk metal, avant garde metal, grindcore, and metalcore. I'm also a big fan of contemporary classical and some of the post rock bands who were obviously inspired by the minimalist composers of San Fransisco.

5-1.jpg

My name is Kristian, although I'm often called Kris. Senior in high school, my plans for the future are unknown, but right I'm planning on working full time at the coop and taking a year off and go to a community college and maybe go to a four year school to make up for my shitty grades in high school. Right now I'm 18.

I'm a pretty chill guy, and don't sweat the small stuff, or even larger things if I know you pretty well. I enjoy smoking weed, and having a beer or two, but I don't drink too much.

I like old school metal including US power metal, thrash, traditional metal, traditional doom as well as some old school death metal. I'll also play some black metal every once in a while, but I mostly enjoy the basic 1st and 2nd wave stuff. I also enjoy 60s and 70s rock and some 80s hardcore.
24261_110538578957565_100000042713916_276596_2579661_n.jpg

Jealous of your amazing sideburns.

The heart of UM members is indeed very nerdy, but I think that's a good thing, this place would be a lot less tidy if we were all pricks like me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

24332_1372456520251_1496919238_30987885_6642933_n.jpg

I'm Kevin... it seems as though i have an impostor... but that's nothing a hammer can't fix :D

but seriously, I'm a friend of Jeremy's. I'm a dirty punk, and a nerd, and a music enthusiast. I'm a computer networking student, and a network admin... so I'm dirty but I have a job... oddly enough. I like drinking and drugs... a lot... and circle pits... yeah.

what music do i listen to (recently)? Obscure loud stuff with dbeats and blasts. that and weird experemental stuff... and shpongle.

Phobia, Victims, Kylesa, Visions of War, World Burns to death, Revocation, Kontrovers, Skitsystem, Dark Tranquillity , Black Panda (the spanish crust band myspace.com/blackpandakillers not the texas band), Severed Head of State, From Ashes Rise, Wolfbrigade, Tragedy, Behemoth, Behind Enemy Lines, Bathory, Disfear, Remains of the Day, At the Gates, Godspeed You black Emperor, Bolt Thrower, Driller Killer, 10 foot ganja plant(hint hint)

Sup, its David here. Work at Walgreens, don't listen to metal much now (obviously), going back to school in the fall, etc. Going to MDF because I spent the money and want to see a few bands like The Chasm, Portal, Gorguts, etc. a fucking lot!

17100673.jpg