Meet Your MDFers~!

I'm admittedly a philosophy neophyte; but I have a feeling that the day understand how Meditations is anything more than a grandiose case of begging the question will be like the first time I realized that I was fucking retarded for denying the brilliance of Reign in Blood. Maybe not, even the attempts by the finest logicians at defending all of the "arguments" make me want to hurt myself.

Schwärzung;9073577 said:
Care to elaborate on why?

I doubt the fact that you learned to speak Russian all by yourself, since Russian is pretty difficult language. It's like saying you learned chinese all by yourself.

There are quite a few good books that teach the in's and out's of Russian pretty well - the point of books however are to get the general structure down. A good way to get the nuances down though is to get a pen-pal or join a forum which switches between Russian and English. All the while just listen to some mp3's of general Russian speaking/singing in order to get a feel for the flow of language.

He or she was probably lecturing on Heidegger.

I chuckled. It's sad, we have some "oh fancy smancy Princeton" Ph.D. professors here that skipped over Heidegger in quite a few classes because they just didn't understand his writing.

I also might be thinking of Hegel though.

Meh. Fuck it.

edit: Nah I'm stupid; it was definitely Heidegger, counting they had already gone Post-Kantian on our asses.

4264_1093380694715_1232460393_30478629_913716_n.jpg

I am Grant. I'm 24 and live in Richmond, VA where I graduated from college last May. I got a sweet programming job a few weeks ago, just as I was about to get laid off from my previous paid internship, so instead of having to live in my dad's spare bedroom I get to remain indefinitely in my unlimited masturbation chamber, which makes me happy.

I don't have favorite subgenres of metal, and I don't know or care about the 1359071234 underground bands in each. I tend to just listen to a handful of the 'classic' groups in each subgenre, and overall metal is probably 10-15% of all the music I listen to, but it's still my favorite type of music.

I am a closet goofball, and my drunken antics from last 'Fest are well documented on the forums, with the above photo as one example. In my 'baseline' personality I am pretty deadpan and reserved, but still moderately sociable. Once I get to know someone, they eventually get exposed to my sarcastic sense of humor. I can get along with pretty much anyone, long as they aren't an asshole and have something at least marginally intelligent to say once in a while.

I look forward to seeing all of you dorks at the end of the month, and rocking the fuck out. It's gonna be epic.