I just watched Headbanger's Ball...

Space Butler

Varg stabbed first
Jun 7, 2009
after a very long time of not watching it and I was like :erk: There used to be metal on it but now... it's just emo shit posing as metal.The featured band was 'Eyes Set to Kill' which is a emo band with two girls in it. Here is the entire list of videos they had, from the first :facepalm: to the last:

Eyes Set to Kill: Heights (generic emo shit)

Dirge Within: Forever the Martyr (not the video they showed, couldnt find it)

Darkest Hour: Demon(s) (thought the parenthesis around the s was hilarious, is it one demon or more? LOL)

Goatwhore: Apocalyptic Havoc (the only video I kind of enjoyed, not emo LOL. Thought the spikey gauntlet things and lyrics "who needs a god when you've got satan" where funny :lol: )

Escape the Fate: 10 Miles Wide :)erk::erk::erk: Easily the worst. Emo kids with a quest apperance from the Buckcherry singer :zombie: and a godawful snakes on a plane joke halfway through the song)

Then the featured band spent the next 5 minutes talking about peeing.

Eyes Set to Kill: Darling (generic emo shit)

Hatebreed: Thirsty and Miserable (I just hate hardcore)

Drop Dead Gorgeous: 2 Birds, 1 Stone (If you have ever heard Taking Back Sunday, it is basically a rip off of them :lol: The singer did kind of look like Axe from Opeth though.

Eyes Set to Kill: Reach (generic emo shit)

That is one hour of my life I will never get back :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i remember i recorded one episode and the only decent song on it was Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss, which i must admit is a pretty cool video clip.. i love the fills in that song.

Dirge Within and Darkest Hour are actually metal (though the mediocre kind).

Schwärzung;8513811 said:
I can't stand any of those, with the exclusion of Goatwhore.

Actually; I guess early Hatebreed is tolerable.

I'm confused to fuck why Goatwhore was there.
A pretty decent satanic fucking blackened death metal band on MTV? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
IP would like Darkest Hour. I wonder if he has me blocked yet.

Eyes Set to Kill reminds me of a local band we have in the Springs called I'll Be Your Prince, particularly because of the 2 female members. Same situation in said band.

Yeah I like Darkest Hour, cuz At least they are influenced by real metal. And Kris Norris is a Really good Guitarist, not to mention Devin Townsend Produced 2 of their better albums.

I don't believe that this was HBB though, I mean last time I watched it was probably a year ago and they played at least like 3 real metal videos, unless they've fallen to this crap.

Headbangers was at its best 6-8 years ago with barely decent songs mostly and "some" good songs by some artists such as BLS, Goatwhore, Hatebreed, and Shadows Fall. ever since then it went down the shitter imo.