• No

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Science is the way

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • if god turned up in my living room i'd be praying

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • im stuck half way, what should i do? im not sure if i can pray to god

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well your too narrow minded and i have another reason, so there u bastard!

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Well, I voted for the last one, but I don't really think your narrow minded, or even a bastard :) :)

I find I can't follow the Christian god, for various reasons none of which anyone cares about, and I don't know enough about any of the other religions. I do think there has to be something, but not necessarily in the 'All powerful, I-have-a-grand-scheme' mold. See, I do believe in the scientific approach (evolution and all that), but I also believe in the existance of ghosts and other such things, so that means I must believe there has to be something, but I don't know what. Some force of nature maybe, rather than a sentient being perhaps?? Dunno. Humans may indeed have been created by an all-powerful entity, but I think we have probably evolved alot over the millenia, so we are radically different from what we were. This type of idea seems the best way to me to try and combine the elements of spirit with evolution and stuff. Just my thoughts. I don't really have a clue :loco:

You don't need proof to believe in something.
What about love? There's no proof that exists.

Science is not a religion, because religion requires faith, science doesn't.

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Funny as this may sound , But when it comes to the religion I believe that the word Believe shouldn't of been invented , I have no proof , so I can't believe in anything ( Except for Opethism)

But that's the point. If we had proof it wouldn't be a question of believing or not believing, it would be a question of 'knowing'.

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
You don't need proof to believe in something.
What about love? There's no proof that exists.

Love does not 'exist'. It's an emotion, residing solely in the mind of the person/animal/whatever feeling it. It can't be compared (IMHO of course;) ) to a God, which is (in theory) a sentient being. Of course, it may be the extension of a divine being that channels a 'power of love' (ahhhhhhh:D )..........

Science is not a religion, because religion requires faith, science doesn't.

Dude... who has said anything about faith?? You -can- simply BELEIVE that science explains everything, without having 'faith'.

It was simply about wether you beleived there was a god. not wether you had a religion.

Oh, and by the way, i said no:

God was created by the egyptian pharoes so that the slaves would have something to live for. as in "Hey, beleive in our god, and you'll have everlasting life and happiness". It was a story passed on about RA and ANUBIS that grew and grew. Passed on and on. Just as Christianity and Catholisizm was, but it was simply put in a book and wallah...! you have a bible.

-Trapped in a corner

The way I see it you have to have prrof to believe, and without no proof it faith. Hence the christian faith

im sort of with you on that one. its also hard to believe something when most if not all religions copy each other. i mean it wasn't the christian faith that ''made up'' the belief of one god and heaven and hell for example.

But there's always going to be several stories divergent of the "real" one, if there is one. Each race is going to have a different interpretation of it. And over a period of over 4000 years, its obviously going to evolve and diverge even more. Or maybe "God" is just something that no-one can comprehend or understand...yet. :rolleyes: