I Made A Song

FRUGiHOYi

"Since 1981"
Jul 11, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Alright don't kill me for this, at least I didn't post it in the actual Opeth discussion forum. I really want to hear the opinions of Opeth fans on my new song and nobody ever checks the member music thread. I worked way too hard and for way too long on this song to have it be ignored :erk: I know you guys are very critical of music so I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

The song is called "No Way Out" and you can hear it at http://shagohod.dmusic.com or http://myspace.com/shagohodmusic. The version on MySpace is of a lower quality because I had to compress it down to 6MB.

First of all...is that you growling?? cause if it is...your growls are killer, the music is decent death/thrash, just a bit repetitive, that metallica-like calm guitars on ''no way out'' is a bit weird though, your music is not bad at all. I wasn't expecting this from a korn fan like you...just kidding...it is good/decent.

Hey this isn't bad at all, keep working at it man I really enjoyed the listen.

Good song...well structured, flows well, I didnt notice the time passing.

Since you asked for critisism, my main complaint would be a lack of dynamics. A few more changes in their might make it a bit more interesting. But thats just my opinion & being picky, stick with it!

I normally don't bitch about this, because I know how much of a bitch it is (especially for one man projects!), but your physical recording needs some changes. Your guitars sound so thrashy and trebly that at times, namely the beginning, I was having some difficulty trying to just hear what the hell was going on. Also, until the clean part, I actually thought you hadn't recorded a bass with it - everything else was drowning it out so badly! Maybe the guitars should cut a bit of the midrange off and the bass should come up in treble and mid (and overall volume, heh!)

The only other real big complaint I have is similar to fizz6207's...it sounds a little hollow, like it's missing something. I mean, you've got plenty of riff changes in there, which is cool, but the riffs themselves need to be a bit different from each other in my opinion, a bit more change in overall sound of the riffs should occur in my opinion; they're too similar. Some parts of the song just end up sounding the same to me, but then again, I have only given it one listen.

Aside from that, I think the song definately sounds good and I am sincerely and very impressed with your abilities as a one-man project.
-Travis

Intro: To long and boring. Skip it.
The song itself is for me a litte to long. Sounds almost like two songs.
I like the second half of the song much more. Your vocals are very good.
Sounds sometimes like you want to put everything you have into ONE song.

Overall pretty good.

ladies nad gentlemen
here you can listen one of the best songs made by fans of opeth
it is not a pig
it is not a demon
it is FRUGiHOUi who growls like heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!

AND WE LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELDONE!!:headbang:

we want to listen more!:Smokin:

Great stuff man! You sound a bit like a very progressive Sepultura with all kinds of neat influences thrown in. If you didn't do the drumming yourself, what program/downloads did you use?

Good-sounding song although maybe a bit long, I also agree with 666's Sepultura remark above. I think what people were saying about it dynamics and "something missing" might be helped a lot by some aggressive live percussion. It sounds good though, nice riffs, good changes etc!

Great work on the song and post some more when you have it!

And it sounds better than anything recorded by Korn :p

Travis said:
I normally don't bitch about this, because I know how much of a bitch it is (especially for one man projects!), but your physical recording needs some changes. Your guitars sound so thrashy and trebly that at times, namely the beginning, I was having some difficulty trying to just hear what the hell was going on. Also, until the clean part, I actually thought you hadn't recorded a bass with it - everything else was drowning it out so badly! Maybe the guitars should cut a bit of the midrange off and the bass should come up in treble and mid (and overall volume, heh!)

The only other real big complaint I have is similar to fizz6207's...it sounds a little hollow, like it's missing something. I mean, you've got plenty of riff changes in there, which is cool, but the riffs themselves need to be a bit different from each other in my opinion, a bit more change in overall sound of the riffs should occur in my opinion; they're too similar. Some parts of the song just end up sounding the same to me, but then again, I have only given it one listen.

Aside from that, I think the song definately sounds good and I am sincerely and very impressed with your abilities as a one-man project.
-Travis
Yeah, I hate mixing/mastering. I tried to get it to sound as close to an actual CD as I could, but I know it's not perfect.

Irja said:
ladies nad gentlemen
here you can listen one of the best songs made by fans of opeth
it is not a pig
it is not a demon
it is FRUGiHOUi who growls like heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!

AND WE LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELDONE!!:headbang:

we want to listen more!:Smokin:
Wow thanks.

Opethian666 said:
Great stuff man! You sound a bit like a very progressive Sepultura with all kinds of neat influences thrown in. If you didn't do the drumming yourself, what program/downloads did you use?
I used FruityLoops for the drums. It took forever and a day. The drum sounds are all sampled from real drums... I got them from various places.

affinityband said:
I think your on my bands friends list, so im so gunna add your lil project you got goin on there.
Yeah, I am. Your band is awesome.