I need a new food product to become addicted to.

while im sure there are conflicting studies, i dont see how that study really refutes any of erik's claims about low-carb diets, cause none of the groups is a low carb diet...

ok semi-serious question: if i quit bread and noodles and rice can i still drink beer?!

I never tried to disprove Erik. My whole point was that what he was talking about seemed fishy. I did find a study in 2006 that supported Erik, which was similar to the one I posted. I'm mostly just waiting for the energy to find a study that was in 2010 or 2011 that said that "Atkin type diet" doesn't help. I vaguely remember it, so don't remember the details.

1348441927_45ed2b8034.jpg

haha I ran across that pic recently. I need to re-post it...as something of a reverse Picture of Dorian Gray :lol: I keep getting older but pictures of myself on a forum stay the same age

well for one thing, i've never been one to care about prefacing everything i say with "in my opinion" or "as far as i know" or "it is my personal experience that" because i think it's pretty much implied whenever anyone discusses anything

so i'm not sure what you're saying exactly, that discussing things is not ok unless you make an effort to do it as timidly as possible? just ain't my style bro, if i'm sure about something i'm gonna act like i'm sure about it

the flipside of this attitude, if i can toot my own horn for a second, is that if i don't know about or care about a subject, i shut up about it instead of spouting ill-informed nonsense. you will note, for instance, that i've never once posted in the super-long NFL thread

you should know how i roll by now

it's funny to me though when everyone like "haha youre so angry on the internet" because i'm really chillax irl these days because im a happy guy (a few years ago i was kind of angry and depressed irl) so ive been kind of toning down my posting a bit

but if i get passionate about something, i still get pretty passionate about it

Maybe one of these days I will start using capitalization, punctuation and smiley faces, and people won't see my posts as so confrontational anymore. Funny how that works. :)