I need some new music

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
Are there any good melodic death metal bands aside from Opeth, Necrophagist, or children of bodom? (yeah i know, they arent death)

Yeah ive heard some from arch enemy, theyre pretty good. I'll be sure to check out the rest too

Garden of Shadows, Dissection, Gardenian, Ebony Tears, Extol, Hollenthon (not strictly "melodic death" but then again, few of these bands are...), Sacrilege, and others. My brain isn't working too well.

At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery.

Essential genre-defining listening.

Oh yeah, if I acknowledge the rest of the world as well, there was a band called Death...

I picked up Isa by Enslaved this weekend, my favorite album so far this year, a perfect mix of prog and black metal, i think they have the title track Isa for download, check it out.

Yeah... definitely check out Enslaved's Below the Lights and download the track Lunar Force from Isa(which ought to be enough songs from that album).

George said:
Actually the correct genre is Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death.

Dude, that's what it say on the shirts. It sounds black enough to me; all that satan bullshit 'n stuff. Oh no, black metal is a constant wave of FUCKING annoying blastbeats and as little melody as possible....maybe a bit of a hybrid, but christ, it needs a name.