its no whoracle...but songs like:

595-escape
bottled
in search for i
evil in a closet
and super hero of the cpu rage

are all on a clay man level

Hypnos has summed it up quite well.

It is an amazing album, I must admit with the promo I was a TAD worried about the whole album... But the rest of the album proves that In Flames is still one of the best in music today.

This album is far from the nu-metal fest most were hyping it up to be. It's not as good as the albums up to Clayman but I think it's a big step up from R2R, which I thought was mediocre.

Heres some facts (as well as some opinions) to back up my thoughts on this album.

1. Death growls are once again part of in flames.
2. Melodic leads and solos are in most of the albums tracks.
3. Harmonized riffs and interludes are also back in many of the albums tracks.
4. Track 7...the ballad of the album...is on par with jester script transfigured as far as maturity, sophistication and majestic epicness...for you whoracle mongers out there.
5. This is maybe the most diverse and maybe the most focused album in flames has ever done as far as completing a whole package and creating a big picture with the material.
6. In Flames still has many groovy and heavy parts with plenty of thrashy beats, double bass, triplet fills and riffs, and aggressive punch in both verses and choruses...while varying the melodic death formula with excellent use of dynamic, clean vocals and electronic elements.
7. Daniel is in his best form to date. He is powerful and very present in his style/playing and in the mix itself...he has really come into his own and shown that he isnt just a standard groove drummer.
8. Probably the most intense/emotional anders has ever been...period!
9. In flames is the still the freshest, purest and most inspired writing band in the swedish scene today. (imo...im sure many of you now agree)

p.s. anthems of rebellion can blow me. :Spin:

it is much much better than AoR and you are right about everything except solos... They could have done a better job or let someone do them for them as in the past...

LordHypnos said:
Heres some facts (as well as some opinions) to back up my thoughts on this album.

1. Death growls are once again part of in flames.
2. Melodic leads and solos are in most of the albums tracks.
3. Harmonized riffs and interludes are also back in many of the albums tracks.
4. Track 7...the ballad of the album...is on par with jester script transfigured as far as maturity, sophistication and majestic epicness...for you whoracle mongers out there.
5. This is maybe the most diverse and maybe the most focused album in flames has ever done as far as completing a whole package and creating a big picture with the material.
6. In Flames still has many groovy and heavy parts with plenty of thrashy beats, double bass, triplet fills and riffs, and aggressive punch in both verses and choruses...while varying the melodic death formula with excellent use of dynamic, clean vocals and electronic elements.
7. Daniel is in his best form to date. He is powerful and very present in his style/playing and in the mix itself...he has really come into his own and shown that he isnt just a standard groove drummer.
8. Probably the most intense/emotional anders has ever been...period!
9. In flames is the still the freshest, purest and most inspired writing band in the swedish scene today. (imo...im sure many of you now agree)

p.s. anthems of rebellion can blow me. :Spin:
nice nice :headbang:

Nope. Sorry, but I'm very dissapointed with this album, though I did see it coming a long way off. IMO, its worse than R2R, and I'm actually finding it hard to see what other people see in it. Its no better than alot of nu-metal coming out these days, though anyone who calls it nu-metal is retarded, and needs to look up the genre "nu-metal" actually means.

BastrdDrmr said:
Anthems of Rebellion owns it.
Damn right! I like the new In Flames but AoR is a Metal album, it has memorable riffs awesome solo's, Daniel Erlandsson's drumming is a lot better then Daniel Sve (sp??)! None of that is evident on the new in Flames cd. Although I could do without the estrogen on vocals. Commandante what reason was there for you to even compare the two?