i now have all the songs on STYE

T'is very true. Jesper is still writing a good chunk of the music, correct? So shouldn't he like it? Just because Anders is using more vocal techniques, and the band is using him more than just for growling doesn't mean they're focusing on him, either. The same style is there, it's just evolving. You can HEAR it from Clayman to R2R, and judging from what I've heard, you'll likewise be able to do the same thing now. The harmonies and such are still there, but I will deeply be disappointed if every song has a short solo, or lack of solo altogether. I miss solos like "The Hive."

@nifel: im not saying you are, but im just stating its a fact that no one on this board can argue when anders openly admits to it

@icedflames: there is much more focus on anders, there are way more vocal harmonies than guitar harmonies. personally as long as the record sounds good i dont give a damn how many of each harmony they are. i guess i just still find it weird. its like going from whoracle to rtr, it is really hard to image that both vocalists are anders. and to be brutally honest, i like all the styles anders has put out, except for when he used that weird effect in freefall, i wasnt digging that too much

Black Tears said:
some are very impressive i have to admit...its much better than r2r...almost as good as clayman

I agree with you, Black Tears. The album is solid, way better than R2R. I really dig F(r)iend, Dead Alone, and In Search For I. In Flames are coming back, hopefully the next album is as good as Colony!