iced earth and savatage

Got to say Iced earth is one of my favorite Power Metal bands!!I have been into them for awhile now and finally got to see their awesome live show a couple months ago.

As for Savatage, I won't offend anyone with my opinion. Lets just say I don't care for them.

Bear

Iced Earth for me isn´t really that good, ya know... I prefer Demons & Wizards
Now about Tage... is one edge of my holy triunvirate: Savatage, Symphony X and Blind Guardian

Well, Iced Earth, at least I think, is great, I love their songs. I got to see them at the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show, although Jag Panzer sucked and always will. I also like Schaffer's part in Demons & Wizards, great band.

As for Savatage, you can tell by my name... They're my ALL TIME FAVORITE band, but I hated when Criss Oliva died. But Chris Caffrey does a good job of taking over. My favorite CD is obviously Dead Winter Dead. But I have seven of their CDs.

Not trying to be confrontational but I feel the same way about Savatage as you do about Jag Panzer,who I like very much. It is all just a matter of opinion.

Bear

When i first got into Iced Earth a few years back, I basically listened the fuck out of them and so right now, i'm very tired of them and don't care for them that much because I think Schaffer is a recycling machine. Horror Show was complete garbage in my opinion. what a waste of talent (christy and digiorgio).

As for 'Tage, they are one of my 5 favs. I fucking love them!

i have a few iced earth cds, though the guitar work in my opinion is lacking in quality, and being a guitarist i get sensitive about that kind of thing. savatage i got into a number of years ago when i saw a trans-siberian orchestra presentation on a home shopping network while i was flipping through the channels (it was christmas time :) they rank fairly high in my favorites list but im not their biggest fan.

just so happens those are my 3 favorite all time bands.
SYMPHX just took over maidens top 3 slot, when I heard V 2 years ago. Ive always respected SAVA for doing there own thing, especially in the mid 90's when DWD came out, a symphonic masterpiece. As for ICED EARTH, as you can tell from my username there tops. IM 35 been into metal for 20 or so years and iced earth are the best band ive ever heard, I can care less about all this recycled riffs complaints and all schaffer can do is triplets bullshit. Listen to the songs, stop nitpicking. As for SYMPHX now thats where I can let go and admire the musicianship, V and DWOT are in my top 5 records of alltime

Iced Earth - Good band, great riffs, great songs.. but not my favorite band... and it's after of a lot of bands on my list... but I respect them as one of the greatest bands of the last years...

Savatage - What I say ... it's one of the best bands of all time... Chance is one of the best songs I've ever heard... And what to say about Hall Of The Mountain King, Sirens. The Morphine Child, Edge Of Thorns, He Carves His Stone, etc, etc ??? Jon Oliva is awesome... Chris was a great as well....

:D

Hi guys!

I heard a Savatage song in a metal radio show yesterday, it was a live-version of "Gutter ballet"! THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!
I`m getting interested in that band. Apart from "Dead winter dead", which album shows the strength of this band???

Originally posted by Bear
Not trying to be confrontational but I feel the same way about Savatage as you do about Jag Panzer,who I like very much. It is all just a matter of opinion.

Bear

I see, well that's fine. I respect them and all for being in the metal scene. I just don't enjoy them too much. So really... They don't suck, I just don't like them.

@Mexus: I'd say get Handful of Rain, Gutter Ballet, or Streets. But they're all good... Well, I think so anyways.

Iced Earth is pretty damn good, but I regret to say I've never heard Savatage.. I'll probably be checking them out if they're being named along side with Iced Earth..

Granted, there are better bands than Iced Earth.. A lot of better bands.. But they're still damn good to listen to.