If Damnation had been released after Morningrise

Scorpion said:
I feel pain in my stomach when I listen to lyrics like ''summer is miles'n miles away, noone could ask me to stay'' this is cool and only a true Opethian's able to feel that ;) .I wish Opeth continues damnation's sound cos' they've made enough albums to headbang.

I must admit to you, posts like this make me want to kill myself.

I first got exposed to Opeth through damnation... and when I heard their previous work i couldn't stand it at first...

Now it's the other way around.

Every acoustic track, even acclaimed ones like Harvest and Face of Melinda, is starting to bore me...

Lone_Isle said:
I first got exposed to Opeth through damnation... and when I heard their previous work i couldn't stand it at first...

Now it's the other way around.

Every acoustic track, even acclaimed ones like Harvest and Face of Melinda, is starting to bore me...
I rekons I started a similar thread last week. Regardless, I know how you feel. *yawn*

I´ll agree to the ones that argue the "Damnation" songs are the better than TBYF. TBYF is indeed the most overated Opeth song. It´s the most repetive song they´ve made and IMO it doesn´t have any flow to it simply because the song is so dragged out. The Damnation songs are reasonably short and that suits Opeth´s mellow songs IMO