If Mort Divine ruled the world

That's fair. The dustup over the personal relationship stuff I saw as just an excuse to launch the same old feminist assault on something new. -gate occurred because there was a significant backlash instead of mewling capitulation. I would say this should warrant praise, but the sort of guys who take video games that seriously are too socially unaware to "realize what they were doing".

I think that's an unfair and short-sighted summation, to be honest.

It sounds exactly like the kind of view someone not very familiar with gamergate would have and in fact, every person I know on the outside with an already apathetic position to the topic shares your sentiments.

Also, you keep implying gamergate is a male movement, that's also incorrect.

It sounds exactly like the kind of view someone not very familiar with gamergate would have and in fact, every person I know on the outside with an already apathetic position to the topic shares your sentiments.

Also, you keep implying gamergate is a male movement, that's also incorrect.

All synopses of it that I have read (granted, few) have indicated what I repeated here. Mostly male commentators complaining about SJWs and IWKs stirring up trouble and attention whoring.

All synopses of it that I have read (granted, few) have indicated what I repeated here. Mostly male commentators complaining about SJWs and IWKs stirring up trouble and attention whoring.

Most gamergaters I know personally are female, but sure it's mostly male, because gaming is mostly male.

But I think their biggest issue with Feminism is their tendency to censor shit and impose PC standards on developers.
That'd be my biggest issue if I were part of gamergate anyway, especially since here in Australia Feminists got Grand Theft Auto V removed from Target shelves.

The complete lack of self-awareness of SJWs is something to behold, especially when looking at the disparity between holding a central tenet of tolerance and behaving extremely intolerantly - which sort of parallels with their bashing of religion while being more zealous about their personal piety within the movement than nearly any religious person I have ever met.

Reactions: Baroque and CiG
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ofessor-placed-on-leave-for-using-racial-slur

Synposis;

White teacher teaching to a graduate seminar says "I haven't seen (nig***) spray painted on the walls here" (in reference to Mizzou allegations) and graduate students of the class (9/10 white) say she should be fired.

Open Letter from a student;

https://medium.com/@schumaal/what-f...ed-in-coms-930-at-the-8f4914d4bbd5#.r4vmowrgk

She also claims that the teacher made a stereotype that minorities are dumber than whites, or something like that. But there isn't a quote for that and it's not really clear how the student made that logical leap to assuming that.

What interests me here is if the teacher said "N-Word" this might not be a scandal but since she actually said "(nig***)" she's probably done for.

Censored because UM makes it broz :lol:

It's mildly comical you can get fired for saying a word, not even to someone specifically, in the U.S., while in other countries a difference in opinion might get your head sawed off.

What's scary is that in those countries, it's basically the person that offended someone like above getting their head sawed off, and PC warriors act like that's what they want.

Reactions: CiG
It's mildly comical you can get fired for saying a word, not even to someone specifically, in the U.S., while in other countries a difference in opinion might get your head sawed off.

What's scary is that in those countries, it's basically the person that offended someone like above getting their head sawed off, and PC warriors act like that's what they want.

These are the very same people that think free speech is overrated.

Saw this chart in reading an article on leadership, and thought of this thread.

EsAgzz8fQSa0anxT4hw6_Kim%20Scott%20Figure%202.jpg

Guess where SJWs pretty much never fall.

I really find him fucking obnoxious (unrelated to his anti-SJW tendencies), but in this case he is so fucking wonderfully misguided if he is blaming "SJWs" for DoAX3 not coming to the west. Koei Tecmo has cited lack of sales from previous entries and a hard time finding a distributor that would carry a game that just doesn't sell in the West.

Last edited:
I think the only youtuber I ever found worth watching at all was Jenna Marbles, and not in a "oh man gotta watchemall" sense. More like "haha 5 of these videos are amusing".

I hope Dunham continues to try and be some sort of public face of feminism. Always good to see bad movements supported by the worst and dullest.

Reactions: CiG