If Mort Divine ruled the world

You seem like someone who would get jailed for beating your children.

Unwanted physical contact is not something you just "suck it up and bear it" for. At any age.
Don't be dumb. I'm not gonna beat my children, no.

But I will be a strict parent. There is a difference. And I'm not gonna teach my children to be rude to family members, by refusing a hug for example. If grandma wants a hug, don't be a self-entitled prick, give grandma a hug.

Reactions: CiG
You think the feelings of a grown adult family member can't handle a child refusing to hug someone? Who the fuck cares if it is "rude."

Placing that much importance on family is fucking stupid in the first place. You wouldn't force a child to hug a stranger, a friend, a coworker, etc. Its the same thing - if a child is uncomfortable around someone/making physical contact with that person then don't fucking make them.

You think the feelings of a grown adult family member can't handle a child refusing to hug someone? Who the fuck cares if it is "rude."
I care? I'm not raising my child to be rude.

Placing that much importance on family is fucking stupid in the first place. You wouldn't force a child to hug a stranger, a friend, a coworker, etc. Its the same thing - if a child is uncomfortable around someone/making physical contact with that person then don't fucking make them.
LOL this says it all. I don't even need to debate this.

That tumblr shit's rotten your brain.

I actually mostly agree with Mort on that. If a child is uncomfortable around someone, I wouldn't force them to do something. I think that they'll probably get used to relatives once they know them and it's perfectly okay for kids to have less than perfect manners at a young age while they are still learning. I couldn't imagine punishing a child for being uncomfortable around someone that they don't know.

Unwanted physical contact is not something you just "suck it up and bear it" for. At any age.

Why is your black ass so vocal about this stupid ass subject but not the other, actually important ones :lol:

So fucking dramatic man

I definitely agree with Mort on that. If a child is uncomfortable around someone, I wouldn't force them to do something. I think that they'll probably get used to relatives once they know them and it's perfectly okay for kids to have less than perfect manners at a young age while they are still learning. I couldn't imagine punishing a child for being uncomfortable around someone that they don't know.

I force my nephew to play outside with me because fuck his body.

Reactions: CiG and The Butt
I actually mostly agree with Mort on that. If a child is uncomfortable around someone, I wouldn't force them to do something. I think that they'll probably get used to relatives once they know them and it's perfectly okay for kids to have less than perfect manners at a young age while they are still learning. I couldn't imagine punishing a child for being uncomfortable around someone that they don't know.
As I've stated, the point is sometimes in life we have to do things we don't want to do. If my mother wants a hug from my hypothetical son or daughter, they will get a hug.

Children only want what's immediate and pleasurable to them, children only want cookies and toys and to avoid being clean.

So making some moral point about what kids do and don't want is ridiculous, when I was a kid I never wanted my grandparents to kiss me and hug me, was I violated because they did it anyway?

Reactions: The Butt
Children only want what's immediate and pleasurable to them, children only want cookies and toys and to avoid being clean.

So making some moral point about what kids do and don't want is ridiculous, when I was a kid I never wanted my grandparents to kiss me and hug me, was I violated because they did it anyway?

Experiencing discomfort is natural and healthy, but forcing unwanted physical contact is not the kind of discomfort that anyone should encouraging.

Everytime Ive seen one of my kids not want to hug a family member it was because they were upset about not getting something else they wanted. I don't enable that shit. Trying to frame everything as contextless "physical contact" is worse than robotic. We aren't talking about strangers or the creepy relative. It's Grandma.

That branch of Tumblresque society has got to be largest collection of pathetically shitty people(as opposed to other shitty types) *sob* I'd like to report a rape. Someone said they wanted to hug me. *sob*

Reactions: The Butt