If Mort Divine ruled the world

Matt Stone & Trey Parker said they used to specifically go around in Hollywood talking about how much they love George Bush just to horrify people and said the only way to be punk rock in Hollywood was to be a republican.

This is a pretty irrelevant example but I just wanted to use it to point out that I never said the liberal bias is some super old thing, I would only assert that it started in the 1990's. Most of the people claiming they were denied work for their political views are post-1980's and most of the executives that admit there is a hiring bias are talking about the post-1980's period with shows like Friends.

Well, CIG said explicitly that "the left has Hollywood" and then cited a book by Ben Shapiro that claims to expose the liberal conspiracy in Hollywood. These strike me as hypoerbolic claims.

How can you consider the latter hyperbolic if you haven't even read the book?

I think conservatism needs to really connect with the word itself. Some random war movie glorifying an incident of liberal warmongering ("spread democracy!") doesn't count in my mind, as an example of something some might count as conservative that I would not.

This film is probably (I say probably because I haven't seen it) a good example of leftist propaganda in Hollywood. It'll garner some positive praise for its subject matter, even if the film itself is lackluster.

Too bad, because I like Jessica Chastain.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, I saw the FB ad and the main char says something about being able to buy an assault rifle at a "bowlarama" without ID. Both wrong and funny.

I read a comment that suggested this was probably made expecting a Hillary win and now they still have to release it. Wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: CiG
It's so retarded what philosophies people embrace on a 'blanket' basis, and which they embrace on a situational. Almost always, the path of strict adherence to the claimed ideological side of things is followed when faced with logical opposition, rather than a restructuring of belief to encourage critical thinking. Pigheaded, inflexible sheep. Ironic though.

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

Tbf why did he invite this kid on his show to pick on, easy prey

Based on the guy's performance it seems a fair question, but he is 21-22, and has at least 3 1/2 years of (expensive, liberal) college education. If you can't handle simple factual inquiries (and not even in person) at that point, what does that say about our age of majority and the school system?