If Mort Divine ruled the world

You're a boring, edgy, wannabe forum intellectual that's done nothing to demonstrate why your opinion on his stand-up is worth a fuck, do you even have a sense of humour?

If you started a forum cult, I'd join it.

Joe Rogan's goddamn hilarious, and that is my number one requirement for a comedian. Not cool when he tries to be a thinker, but that doesn't negate his value as a performer.

For the record I think I recall Jimmy being a novice comic so his opinions tend to be a bit snooty. Its like trying to explain the appeal of cartoons to an inexperienced art major, they'll just consistently bitch about the lack of depth.

Nah, no pansies please. It's the main difference between here and most of the other neutered sites that you probably love to frequent.

re Rogan: I've seen a shit load of his podcast, seen most of his stand up, been listeing to his fight commentary since he started, etc. And i truly feel sorry for anyone that would consider him a "thinker".

Got any reasons why dog, or just going to act like your opinion doesn't need evidence to support it

Who said he was an intellectual? You're trying to hard man.

Nobody here, but it seems like a popular opinion online, especially wherever his fans mingle.
Why do you need to hurt my feelings though? :cry:

If you started a forum cult, I'd join it.

Joe Rogan's goddamn hilarious, and that is my number one requirement for a comedian. Not cool when he tries to be a thinker, but that doesn't negate his value as a performer.

For the record I think I recall Jimmy being a novice comic so his opinions tend to be a bit snooty. Its like trying to explain the appeal of cartoons to an inexperienced art major, they'll just consistently bitch about the lack of depth.

I agree.
I'm still waiting to hear why he's a hack, big difference between a comedian not appealing to you and them being a hack.
Probably won't get an explanation though.

It doesn't need an explanation because its laughable. It's fine, you probably don;t listen to stand up as you do metal. If you did you'd understand defending Rogan would be like defending Korn or Slipknot; it's null and indefensible.

I'm not going to argue taste with you. If you like McDonald's and think it's quality, good for you, enjoy. I'll be over here at Peter Luger's.

Some reason it multi-quoted from like the day before, disregard man. But I don't think 'think-erness' is subjective

It doesn't need an explanation because its laughable. It's fine, you probably don;t listen to stand up as you do metal. If you did you'd understand Rogan would be like defending Korn or Slipknot; it's null and indefensible.

Dude what are you even saying haha Who's your top10 comics right now?

Dude what are you even saying haha Who's your top10 comics right now?

What's funny?

off the top and in no order I'd say Louis, Burr, Attell, Regan, Lewis Black, Stanhope, Nate Bargatze, Patton Oswalt, Chappelle, John Mullany,Daniel Tosh, Tig Notaro, Hannibal Buress

There are also countless vets like Todd Barry and Gregg Rogell that make Rogan look like an open micer

I have to really disagree on Black, Stanhope, Tosh, Mullany, Burress, Notaro, Mullany. I just think those guys are really average and or gimmicky.

Never really got into Patton and I hear Chapelle now is total doo-doo.

Burr rules, Attell rules and CK I am scurred his life is too cushy that its ruining his material. Didn't really dig his last two specials as much as the stuff before he got famous.

But the fact you listed Burress, a guy who's been famous for 3 minutes, compared to Rogan is almost embarrassing man.

Ever see Burress live? the dude kills. tv and youtube do him no justice. Catch him sometime bruh

and again I don't give a fuck how long a guy has been around (see McDonald's) I know alt comedy hipster acts that run circles around Rogan, now that's embarrassing. Believe me, this isnt just my opinion, Rogan is known as a hack all over the country. I've heard it from all types and I happen to agree.

I like how we hijacked this shit thread.

Everybody you mentioned is the shit, except I've not checked out any Hannibal Buress yet, but you still actually haven't explained how he's a hack and comparing him to great comedians doesn't really prove much, I can admit that some of my favourite comics don't hold up so well next to others, doesn't mean they're hacks, just means whoever I compared them to is on another level.
Edit: not crazy about Tosh.

What is it that makes him a hack? Don't make indirect, generic criticisms, be direct.
He's been doing stand-up for 27 years or thereabouts, say what you want but he definitely has all the elements of a seasoned comic, like timing and crowd control for example.

Honestly I saw him at the roast of Bieber and heard he got famous for calling out Cosby on the rape that makes me skeptical of seeing him live. Don't think he's ever toured near me though, but it'd have to be a 15$ show if anything.

When has anyone ever called out Rogan? Or even called him a hack? Only comedian he ever talks shit about publicly is Mencia and I don't blame him for that. I really don't get why you don't like the dude.

Glad you didn't say D'elia though. dudes a joke.

heh D'elia is a Rogan/Cook hybrid :lol:

Dude, comedians don't call out other comedians very often. Especially respected and/or powerful ones. But if you're at a club and someone asks you who you like or who your influences are and Rogan comes out of your mouth the reaction will either be "haa that's funny man, no seriously?" or you being trashed for 5 minutes.

I don't know why you keep making statements like they are true or have some validity without backing it up. You are really coming off like a NYC hipster man.

And you're doing this elitist thing by implying we'd see through Rogan if only we were part of the comedy club scene.

Man Lewis Black might be the worst male comedian I've ever listened to.

He's gimmicky too, the whole angry old man/Parkinson's disease impersonation thing and he does a lot of hacky anti-Bush stuff but I love miserable cunts in comedy, I definitely like a bit of his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said if you watched more comedians, that's all.

rms, what do you want exactly? I'm not going to go over the guys routine and pick it apart. I'm just giving you my opinion man. I think he's weak. His premises are trite, he's not original in style or writing and he tells basic dick jokes or parrots some Alan Watts. For some that works and that's fine. And for others he's a hack.

It's like Jimmy walked in on Joe Rogan gorilla-fucking his girlfriend in the corner of the couch. Dude's got a vendetta.

He's a good comedian, as in technically good. The dude's got timing and great original material. He has a presence on stage and uses body language great. I think his command of his voice is what really makes him good though (as well as a good commentator). He pitches up and down well and has that "funny" yelling voice.

Greatest comedian of all time? Nope. But he's good at what he does.

EDIT: Ninja'd
he tells basic dick jokes or parrots some Alan Watts.

So what you're saying is, you haven't watched a single special of his...