If you could have anyone produce

I've thought about that one a lot, but it's difficult. Everyone seems to imprint their own sound. In an ideal world, it would have been Nordstrom back in the analogue days.

Now...

Probably produced by Bergstrand, engineered by Randy and mixed either by Randy or CLA.

Major toss-up between Adam D, Bergstrand, or Nordstrom.

Or whoever did Nickelback or <insert huge butt-rock band here>

if it was rock, i'd want chris lord alge mixing, and john feldmann producing

if it was metal, i'd want adam d producing, and probably colin richardson mixing, depending on the type of metal

by produce, i'm assuming you mean produce/engineer/mix
i like what Fredrik Nordström did with the newest bring me the horizion, and i think that sound would fit my band well.

If it was someone in the US, i would just go with Joey Sturgis again, except actually have him mix it this time lol:lol: He's got a good sound for metal

if only i didnt have to be around all that smoke, joey...:Smokin:

by produce, i'm assuming you mean produce/engineer/mix
i like what Fredrik Nordström did with the newest bring me the horizion, and i think that sound would fit my band well.

If it was someone in the US, i would just go with Joey Sturgis again, except actually have him mix it this time lol:lol: He's got a good sound for metal

if only i didnt have to be around all that smoke, joey...:Smokin:

by produce i mean, the guy who's sitting there telling you to play the riff different or change the arrangement of the song, or whatever
and telling you if your takes are good, and setting up your tones

my studio is at my house now
smoking in a 20x20 room with 3 exits and 2 windows is a lot different than a 8x4 space with one exit and no windows...

plus my house is out in the country, on an acre of land, there's lots of room to "breathe" and hang out.

only hurdle i've got to jump is recording drums out here, which is currently done back at the garage.

Well my first thought was (of course) Andy, but when I think about it Bergstrands productions have alot more in common with the sound that I'm actually going for. Obviously, this will never happen but one can sure dream.

I think I would actually choose Logan Mader. The other guys are obvious choices and safe cards, but Logan has put out some really good stuff lately.

Btw, can´t wait to hear the new Devil Driver

Devin Townsend produce/Andy Sneap mix
:kickass:
I was thinking about the same combination. It would also be interesting to hear how CLA would mix a more traditional metal/hardcore record...

edit: If I'd have to choose one person to do it all it would be James Murphy. He makes bands sound "brutal" and the vocals are always great on the records he produces.