If you could have anyone produce

Not that I have an album or a band for that matter, but if I did here's what I'd want to do:

Engineer/Producer- Rich Costey
Mixer- Randy Staub
Master- Bob Ludwig

Alright, if we're going to break it down to a dream team...and if I'm going to leave myself out of the production bits...here is who I would have do each bit:

Drums: Eric Rachel
Guitars: Mark Keaton
Vocals: Jason Suecof
Bass: Who fucking cares. Ha! We'll go with Staub for good measure on this one.
Mix: Andy or Jens Bogren
Master: Brian Gardner

Now that I think about this question, I honestly have no idea what I'd answer.

If I ever got any of my jazz projects back together, I'd love to have Bill Laswell produce it. For anything heavy, probably Kurt Ballou, and let Jens Bogren handle the drum micing...
Actually, yeah that's perfect IMO haha.

A producing/mixing/mastering collaboration between Steven Wilson and Devin Townsend :)

wohh~ there r so many good producers out there...

Lets do a '12 rounds' contest and see who finished first. heheh

Happy producing things myself honestly. That's why we're here, right?

There's lots of great producers and engineers out there, but none of them have the ability to know what I hear in my head without me having to explain it. I don't have to explain things to myself, and if I'm not happy with the results I can just keep trying until I get it right.

Happy producing things myself honestly. That's why we're here, right?

There's lots of great producers and engineers out there, but none of them have the ability to know what I hear in my head without me having to explain it. I don't have to explain things to myself, and if I'm not happy with the results I can just keep trying until I get it right.

I think the point of this thread has become more, who would get your ideal sound and vibe, assuming you were production retarded.

Just because I know how clean a toilet really well doesn't mean I might not enjoying sitting back and watching someone else clean mine! :headbang: