I'm Alive with Don Nelson Vs. Joey Belladonna

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Don Nelson (he sounds a lot like John Bush)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BfWSrOSG4&NR=1[/ame]

Don't have anything from youtube with Joey doing it. But what a difference. This Don Nelson version awful imo.

Dan Nelson is not a first-class singer and everybody knows it but when I heard Joey singing Deathrider on the reunion tour, I was like: "Fuck, what the hell is that?!" It was the worst version of this song I'd ever heard. I'm too lazy to find it on YouTube. If I have to compare the two versions (Joey singing Deathrider and Dan singing I'm Alive), Nelson is the winner.

Thats a pretty bad version. He's really struggling to hit some of those notes. Sounds like his voice is shot.

You compare soundboard bootleg with a studio version? If anything, Joey makes this song sound so cheesy.

Oh my God, that is baaaad. I can not imagine how bad this album would have bombed sales-wise had Bush been the vocalist, not to mention Don 'Wannabe-Phil' Nelson. :D

The fact that this comparison is even being made is ludicrous. Anyone who prefers Dan Nelson would lose their head if it wasn't shoved up their ass.

the worst decision was that they just couldn't keep their shit together. They released The Greater Of Two Evils, said the songs finally sounded the way they wanted to hear them and in a month time they reunite with Joey, who they had slagged all the way. Then talked about how the band was on fire yet they "missed John Bush and wanted to be with him again". Then they all of a sudden hire a no-name, young guy, praising him how this was the best singer they had ever had and they record an album, supposedly the best they ever did, yet one day they fire him all of a sudden, lie about him being seriously ill, then Scott and Charlie talk about tears of joy and psychicall collapse because of John Bush playing with them again, and how the reunion had been a stupid idea, the lion versus the bird, and in a few weeks time Joey is back, the greatest singer of all time, there was no record with Dan Nelson etc etc...name one other band which has done that.

the worst decision was that they just couldn't keep their shit together. They released The Greater Of Two Evils, said the songs finally sounded the way they wanted to hear them and in a month time they reunite with Joey, who they had slagged all the way. Then talked about how the band was on fire yet they "missed John Bush and wanted to be with him again". Then they all of a sudden hire a no-name, young guy, praising him how this was the best singer they had ever had and they record an album, supposedly the best they ever did, yet one day they fire him all of a sudden, lie about him being seriously ill, then Scott and Charlie talk about tears of joy and psychicall collapse because of John Bush playing with them again, and how the reunion had been a stupid idea, the lion versus the bird, and in a few weeks time Joey is back, the greatest singer of all time, there was no record with Dan Nelson etc etc...

Well, duh.:loco:

Don Nelson (he sounds a lot like John Bush)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BfWSrOSG4&NR=1

Don't have anything from youtube with Joey doing it. But what a difference. This Don Nelson version awful imo.

He does sound like a more raspy version of Bush with less range. This explains what Scott meant when he said that Don is Bush on steroids when interviewed about hiring Dan after the reunion tour ended. To a few on here, Don is "ballsy" singing but Joey's range and depth is "cheesy" :lol: