I'm Alive with Don Nelson Vs. Joey Belladonna

i didnt mind dan until i heard all his bullshit banter on stage etc,been in the spotlight for 5 mins and trying to command and dictate to the audience,you have to pay yours dues b4 u pull shit like that.

Nelson is the best metal-frontman ever! *Not*
Nelson rather came across like a wild gorilla than a metal-singer. in all honesty they could have had a gorilla on stage instead of Nelson, it wouldn't have made any difference. thank god they decided to get a singer again.

I had expected so much more from TGOTE, don't like the mix, too bad for a studio production of those days (guitar sound is rather badly balanced - some proper use of CUBASE or PROTOOLS might have helped ...) and it also does not give that live vibe, Bush pulled of a good performance, but all in all it would have required some more work in detail ... quite a pity!

Rob was so young back then...perhaps we can forgiive him. Yes it is live but does NOT sound like it is...don't know whether that's good or bad. I like the energy of that record. I think those versions are tight and somehow fresh. They should have filmed that session...I'd buy a copy...NOT six.

T:)

Rob was so young back then...perhaps we can forgiive him. Yes it is live but does NOT sound like it is...don't know whether that's good or bad. I like the energy of that record. I think those versions are tight and somehow fresh. They should have filmed that session...I'd buy a copy...NOT six.

T:)

Even beanie boy Rob has said that album should have never been recorded and he never listens to it. That album was a total joke.. its garbage. If you want to hear those songs go listen to them the proper way and listen to the original band do them, not that cover band

So a lineup that consists of 3/5ths of the band members who appeared on the original recordings, and except for a few tracks that Turbin and Lilker helped feature the main songwriters (Scott & Charlie,) as well as the guy who founded and named the band (Scott) is a cover band?

Whatever...

Even beanie boy Rob has said that album should have never been recorded and he never listens to it. That album was a total joke.. its garbage. If you want to hear those songs go listen to them the proper way and listen to the original band do them, not that cover band

The idea worked ok with the Armed and Dangerous EP and could have been great as well.
Beanie boy ... well some guys are wearing beanies, some are having a penis ring in their ear, it's a mad world, isn't it?:p
Seriously, Rob does a great job in the band!

According to Rob yes. It's not garbage. It sounds great and it's obvious how much better the performance is as they have had years of playing them live.

OK, this one with that annoying interviewer! Looks like Rob is bonded by the contract so he cannot say anything. But I'm sure what he meant by the "special guest" he cannot talk about.

According to Rob yes. It's not garbage. It sounds great and it's obvious how much better the performance is as they have had years of playing them live.

There is not one single Joey era song on that album that sounds better than the original, not one. Sounds great? It's hardly great sounding. Bad production, bad mix, bad guitar tones. and vocals that are almost laughable at times. why does john have to do the 'ooohhhh' and 'yeahhhhhs'. He can't hit any of the notes Joey does. The neil tubin songs are cool sounding. But the Joey era material is terrible on that disc.

I agree that the best sounding tracks on TGOTE are the Fistful ones. Deathrider, Anthrax and Panic in particular.

The only "Big 4 buzz" they got is from 15 year old Metallica fans who didnt get into Metallica until '96, didnt hear the name 'Anthrax' until 2011, and have never heard a Slayer record. The main reason they are so big again and have any momentum is because Joey is back and its their first record with him since 1990. He is the reason there is so much buzz and people are actually interested again.

So the 15 year olds who never have heard the band Anthrax until the last two months or so are excited that Joey is back in that band?

Fail...

Let me be a douche and write what I belive. Fans who know about the band and maybe were around when Joey fronted it are excited to hear the new record. The 15 year olds are getting into the genres hard rock and metal and are excited because there is this big tour with four influential bands with a bunch of great songs. They don't know shit about the eon-old Joey versus John battle or who the trüest fan is!

They probably just want to try and play an instrument or Guitar Hero to the songs, maybe get a t-shirt and forget about the fucking jocks in school or mom who downs too many pills. Find a lifestyle and identity and enjoy themselves.

Still too much negative vibes in this forum.

There is not one single Joey era song on that album that sounds better than the original, not one. Sounds great? It's hardly great sounding. Bad production, bad mix, bad guitar tones. and vocals that are almost laughable at times. why does john have to do the 'ooohhhh' and 'yeahhhhhs'. He can't hit any of the notes Joey does. The neil tubin songs are cool sounding. But the Joey era material is terrible on that disc.

Well they sound great to me and to many others on here. They sound crap to you and a few others here, so what. You cant take it can you. Do I like it better than the originals? No but I don't dislike it compared to the originals either. It's just different. Other than the solos and the loud mastering, I happen to think the production is good. The performance is great too. I bet if Joey sang on it you'd say it was the best thing ever.

FOM kinda sounds like shit but the songs rule. It sounds a lot better on vinyl.

Yeah back in the day engineers had no clue as this style of music and the tones asociated were new. It was all a very steep learning curve. We all know how brutal Among sounds right? Well the band was never really happy with the enineering/recording process because they felt the producers didn't understand what Anthrax was trying to achieve. Eddie Kramer came from a hard rock backround abd didn't understand Anthrax at all and it still came out heavy. Just Imagine a producer that actually knew Thrash Metal, that album may have overtaken Master of Puppets.