I'm Alive with Don Nelson Vs. Joey Belladonna

He does sound like John you fucking idiot.

Thats one way of putting it lol. I really do think he sounds a lot like John Bush and I don't say that as an insult or anything I just really hear John Bush in his voice. I am sure some of it is that he is purposely trying to sound and pronounce some of the lyrics/words like John. He sounded really similar to John when he sang the Bushthrax songs when I saw him live.

But It was hard to get past his Phil Anselmo stage antics to actually even pay much attention to his voice, so I was a bid jaded. But all I could think when I saw them with Don Nelson was on vocals was "What the fuck is this crap, this is not Anthrax" It was hard watching Rob on stage instead of Dan Spitz (still is but i have accepted it), yet alone not having Joey up there... or even John Bush.. then you throw some no name Phil Anselmo wanna be guy up there and it was like watching a cover band

Nelson was just a Anselmo wannabe, and of course Anselmo fucking sucks.

Yes to the first part.

A big NO to the second part.. unless you consider one of the best front men in metals history as sucking. I think Phil Anselmo has spawned more wannabe vocalists that just about anyone of all time. Just about every metalcore type band that came out after Pantera wishes they had him on vocals. I think Scott Ian would have had his child. Love him or hate him he is one of the best ever and nobody has ever dominated an audience like he did. (Still somewhat does)

The only "Big 4 buzz" they got is from 15 year old Metallica fans who didnt get into Metallica until '96, didnt hear the name 'Anthrax' until 2011, and have never heard a Slayer record. The main reason they are so big again and have any momentum is because Joey is back and its their fist record with him since 1990. He is the reason there is so much buzz and people are actually interested again.

Didn't you just tell everyone to shut the fuck up? :D
...oh well. At least you didn't use caps lock.

(What's a "fist record"?)

This is for those who say John Bush "doesn't sing": show me, please, one review of an Anthrax / Armored Saint record where a reviewer criticizes his voice. Good luck! :wave:

Well, inside source in Anthrax once said that "John Bush is THE voice of Anthrax".
And when they can't have him they have to cope with Joey...:)

T:)

Well, inside source in Anthrax once said that "John Bush is THE voice of Anthrax".
And when they can't have him they have to cope with Joey...:)

Yeah, im sure theyre just tired of "coping" with the success they are finally having now after all the years with Bush of not fillling venues and jumping from record label to record label, to almost being extinct, im sure theyre just hating their situation now. :rolleyes:

Luckily we have proper versions of Joey era's hits on Greater of Two Evils...:)

You know there are many things that affect band's popularity - remember Kiss? Band that will not support anyone - was opening for Iron Maiden back in 1988...something like 3K people wanted to see them in Helsinki...1996 reunion tour was more successful...but I don't know how many copies Sonic Poo sold NOT many in Finland anyway - and I believe people were buying it because of new versions of old hits...good that that "let's record the hits again" strategy worked for them...:)

Well, someone from Anthrax was inside me once and said that "John Bush is THE voice of Anthrax".
And when they can't have him they have to cope with me...:)

Who from Anthrax was inside you? Now that "THE voice" of Anthrax is gone it must be difficult for you to even walk anymore! Poor guy... but you probably enjoy it :tickled:

Yeah, im sure theyre just tired of "coping" with the success they are finally having now after all the years with Bush of not fillling venues and jumping from record label to record label, to almost being extinct, im sure theyre just hating their situation now. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it chaps their ass to some degree, they shit talked the guy for decades. I doubt it bothers them enough not to cash the paychecks, but Joey's presense is surely a bit of urine in the lemonade.

I can honestly say that I've never listened to TGOTE. I didn't see the point of redoing something that is already good to begin with imo.

I can honestly say that I've never listened to TGOTE. I didn't see the point of redoing something that is already good to begin with imo.

They did not "redo" the songs or albums. It's pretty much the new (and in some cases different) versions, and it somewhat feels a bit like live album.