I'm getting a tattoo...

Check these out:
Artist: Nikko Hurtado
nikko_tat.jpg

l_67516358bd4949c76bc92eb74aec32c2.jpg

1515826814_l.jpg

l_dd9d9b42d062764d66b646673c66b3ec.jpg

1558620993_l.jpg

I have 3, all of which are musically related... although it is not obvious to others that they are.

2 of them have been adapted from album artwork (not cover art), my tattooist changed them to make them fit the location better. The first one is a very small section of album artwork from 19 years ago. I decided I wanted that one done 18 years ago. My first one was only done just before my 34th Birthday though.

Although they are based on music (there is also a theme of religion and hypocrisy developing), they are abstract enough and personal enough that I am fairly sure that they will be unique. I agree that you should avoid band logos and things like that with haste, but if you are sure you are happy with them, why not...?!

I have a few more in planning, again all musical. All bands that I have been into for many, many years.

Music has been my obsession all my life, there is no other logical theme.

I have 3, all of which are musically related... although it is not obvious to others that they are.

2 of them have been adapted from album artwork (not cover art), my tattooist changed them to make them fit the location better. The first one is a very small section of album artwork from 19 years ago. I decided I wanted that one done 18 years ago. My first one was only done just before my 34th Birthday though.

Although they are based on music (there is also a theme of religion and hypocrisy developing), they are abstract enough and personal enough that I am fairly sure that they will be unique. I agree that you should avoid band logos and things like that with haste, but if you are sure you are happy with them, why not...?!

I have a few more in planning, again all musical. All bands that I have been into for many, many years.

Music has been my obsession all my life, there is no other logical theme.

I also have three band related ones.

The Opeth 'O'

Strapping Young Lad logo

and the Swallow the Sun moth logo

all bands I've been into for years and all subtle enough to not look dumb :lol:

Well yeah, I suppose that's the downside to any 'band tattoo' - even if they are not all that noticeable as 'band' tattoos..

Well yeah, I suppose that's the downside to any 'band tattoo' - even if they are not all that noticeable as 'band' tattoos..

Mine are (and will continue to be) from a range of genres.

I love Opeth, but I think it is unlikely that they will make an appearance on my skin now, unless perhaps by some select lyrics...

I think some of the generic ones are fine for many people, but I want something a little more personal than many others do a lot of the time. You can have something really abstract that is representative of a band you love.