I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am PMG. I currently reside in San Diego, California and recently had the pleasure to watch Dark Tranquillity perform during the DT/IF/Sentenced tour. I also met all the members after the show.
Until the release of Clayman I preferred In Flames over Dark Tranquillity. Lately DT have been getting a lot of CD player minutes. I do not have a favourite album but I do NOT enjoy Skydancer. Top 20 Metal Bands (no particular order/subject to change): Maiden, Savatage, Falconer, Tristania, Dark Tranquillity, Therion, Nightwish, Haggard, Virgin Steele, Autumn Leaves, Symphony X, Testament, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Amorphis, Aria, Rhapsody.

welcome, pmg: your nickname is funny, a friend of mine and hyena's would probably like it a lot. ;)

as for your favourite bands, i'm with you about (in no particular order): iron maiden, savatage, dark tranquillity, therion, nightwish, blind guardian, helloween, amorphis. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
welcome, pmg: your nickname is funny, a friend of mine and hyena's would probably like it a lot. ;)

as for your favourite bands, i'm with you about (in no particular order): iron maiden, savatage, dark tranquillity, therion, nightwish, blind guardian, helloween, amorphis. :)

rahvin.

I can forgive some of the other choices, but you should really be with me on Opeth as well. I suggest you look into Haggard, they are something extraordinary. Glad you like my nick. :) I am to please.

@PMG: Yep, it's a funny nick indeed. I'm gonna change |ngenius to "TheSteelForTheMetalInsideCouldHurtYourWeakMind" (don't try to find a coherent sense).

Concerning the bands aforementioned, let me make some short reviews to enlighten the illiterate ppl:

Iron Maiden: Newbies, poor quality following the Hammerfall style (did I say "style"?)

Dark Tranquillity: Gays and untr00, I hate them deeply, their vocalist use to wear Ricky Martin T-Shirts and their global style is a fake copy of great solid bands like Heavenly. In any case, I never heard a DT tune.

Nightwish: The new Rob Halford band, isn't it?

Virgin Steele: This is actually a great band, for the sake of Eric Adams. Powerful, fast and furious, we ride the universe... or something.

Symphony X: They should learn how to play and compose. The poor sound and specially the awful vocals reminds me the Dream Theater's decadence.

Rhapsody: This is THE band. I love Rhapsody and I'm deeply in love with Luca Turillilito, the best... best... something in the world. The dragons are singing in heaven for the glory of Luca and Fabio. Italy has never seen a similar impact before, they're shocked, for sure (me too).

|ngenius (can someone give me some work to do? I'm extremely bored)

Originally posted by |ngenius
@PMG: Yep, it's a funny nick indeed. I'm gonna change |ngenius to "TheSteelForTheMetalInsideCouldHurtYourWeakMind" (don't try to find a coherent sense).

Concerning the bands aforementioned, let me make some short reviews to enlighten the illiterate ppl:

Iron Maiden: Newbies, poor quality following the Hammerfall style (did I say "style"?)

Dark Tranquillity: Gays and untr00, I hate them deeply, their vocalist use to wear Ricky Martin T-Shirts and their global style is a fake copy of great solid bands like Heavenly. In any case, I never heard a DT tune.
LOL
But, here are some Ricky Martin wearing metalheads.
http://us.share.geocities.com/bmp777/BoneyNEM2.jpg

Nightwish: The new Rob Halford band, isn't it?
It's his weekend side project.

Virgin Steele: This is actually a great band, for the sake of Eric Adams. Powerful, fast and furious, we ride the universe... or something.
Heheheheheh.

Symphony X: They should learn how to play and compose. The poor sound and specially the awful vocals reminds me the Dream Theater's decadence.

Rhapsody: This is THE band. I love Rhapsody and I'm deeply in love with Luca Turillilito, the best... best... something in the world. The dragons are singing in heaven for the glory of Luca and Fabio. Italy has never seen a similar impact before, they're shocked, for sure (me too).

DO they follow my 51 rules?
http://www.geocities.com/bmp777/51_rules.html

|ngenius (can someone give me some work to do? I'm extremely bored)
:lol: :lol: :) :)

`Maiden, Savatage, Falconer, Tristania, Dark Tranquillity, Therion, Nightwish, Haggard, Virgin Steele, Autumn Leaves, Symphony X, Testament, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Amorphis, Aria, Rhapsody.`

:worship:
cool!

Mr Squiggle lives on the moon, and he talks to me in magic dreams...he says all of the above are awesome bands and that necromancy deserves a knighthood :D
Only band he forgot was Lacuna Coil, but I'm sure he just forgot ;) And dude, I also reccommend Falconer, you might like em

hahahahaha i read the 51 rules and will laugh until 2004 possibly :lol:

is there really a band out there called "faggoth"? please spare me

h

I'm new too. I was at the Cleveland, Ohio last night (tues. Sept.24th 2002) I had taken photo's of the show. They turned out good for all 4 bands. These guys are great live. I guess I could look at another section for the set list, so I guess my other point to this message is that I have pics and hopefully within the next 2 weeks, I may be able to post them. Any of you guys there? Thanks

@obsolete: welcome to the board! i like rap, but honestly i think you're making fun of us, what with your signature and a nickname straight from a fear factory record. ;)

@mariena: welcome to you too and thank you in advance for sharing your pics. :) i wasn't in cleveland yesterday since it's been a busy day and i didn't have time for a 8-hours flight. :D

rahvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.