I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome, welcome. *raises a glass and smashes it on own head*

hyena (the bu and bu and bubu were a long time ago)

Originally posted by Dark_Jester
Heeeeeeeeey we have a refugee from the In Flames board!
Welcome dude

Yes, refugee! Well, it will feel a little awkward being here at first...all I know about DT really, is that they are fucking badass! I will need guidance!

Thanks for the welcomes also!

How about some mroe useless trivia? The word assassin comes from the Middle-East, the root word is hashashin, Hashashins were feared in the Mid-East and Eastern Europe for their ruthless, cruel, and secretive ways. They got their name b/c young men were brought into the palace of the mountain king ( The ruler of the Hashashins, ruled in a mountain palace in modern Iraq me thinks ;) ) give very large amount of marijuana and when they would all pass out they were brought into a garden full of young woman to fullfil their every needs. Then they were given more marijuana until they passed out again, brought before the king, and were told that they were shown heaven by him and if they worked for him he will show it to them again. Hash=Marijuana, hence, Hashashin.

Nick(blargh, bler, herg)

Originally posted by rahvin
is this hosted here? i thought it was some maiden inspired board... :confused:

rahvin.
No. The official one, which is not on UM (here there is some stupid Australian IM fanclub forum).

@Nick: That is completely useless. But strangely interesting.

Nick: True, but the reason why the term assassin became synonymous for "contract killer" (salamurhaaja in finnish, btw) is because the Hashashins killed a knight or two during one of the crusades with not-so-chivalrous-means and the leaders of the crusade wanted to make the whole nation look like ruthless murderers, in order to make it easier for the knights to kill women and children.

-Villain

@Villian, this is true, but you also need to understand that the Hashashins were killing people secretly for a long time even before they killed afew crusaders. The Seljuk Sultan Sanjar made a truce with the Hashashins after he found a dagger thrust into his pillow next to his head. So it didnt just have to do with Crusaders. The Crusaders declaired open season on Islamic people after the killing of Raymond II of Tripoli in 1152. They were carying out killings since about 1050.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.