In Flames - Come Clarity

I bet it sounds like smelly farts, sweaty butt fucking and queefs.

zmetallica said:
no solos? what the hell, i heard a bunch in there. so stop spreading lies!

its a good album, i'd give it a 7/10. some of the songs are really good, others are decent, others are meh. still gonna buy it though.

just because there's some guitar leads doesn' tmean there's solos. you fail at life.

NinjaKitten said:
I havent heard the whole thing yet, I just got the album, but so far it sounds pretty cool to me.

Same here. Pretty good. Great mix of groove and aggression.

Anders clean-vocal improvement awesome.

Karmic said:
since when were they failed? :err:

then again, I could make the exact same statement about DM ;)

how, exactly?

1. We're not from Gothenburg.
2. We don't play that style of death metal.
3. In order to fail, you'd have to lose alot of fans. We don't HAVE any fans to begin with :tickled:

dark tranquillity is like the only gothenburg band that is still good and hasn;t started sucking imo.
haha i must disagree with that, they put out a good amount of albums that weren't death metal at all, but i still like them, but its not really good metal at all. and also look at their 2nd latest, i hated that album as did most of my friends. but we all loved character. no band can last as long as these bands have and still put out good record after good record.

i don't see why everyone hates in flames so much, its like you think they sold out. they haven't. just experimenting. you could say the same for DT. the biggest difference is that In Flames got really popular in the US, while DT didn't. DT released haven and projector (two of my favorites), but these albums are considered some of their worst stuff because it doesn't retain the old school gothenburg vibe, they were experimenting, they had mostly these soft songs with electronics and a few heavy tunes that sounded like older stuff. many metal heads feel the same way with DT as they many more do with in flames now.

The In flames release is far from anything they did in the past, which is good cause it shouldn't be like that. it's one thing to say, 'i've never liked them i won't now', or 'the only in flames albums i enjoyed were up to jester's race'
the 2nd would be valid since after jester's race they started experimenting.

anders screams more than growls now. he also sings too, which he's been doing since whoreacle. i feel he's finally got his singing voice down. but i don't think any of this is new. in the old days they did eye of the beholder by metallica without growling/screaming the whole time.
besides in flames probably wasn't very happy with soundtrack. a band that flat out says they are really happy with the way the new album is, kinda shows that they weren't happy about the previous. this stuff shows through the music.

they do what they wanna do, you like it or don't that simple.

i agree....everything to colony is just incredible, colony being my favorite by far. the perfect metal album for my tastes....zombie inc is such a killer song. i actually really like clayman, too, but it isnt as good as the first three. not worth mentioning the last two or three albums though....really a disappointment. come clarity is gonna suck...i have lost all hope. the biggest disappointment with this band, though, is their live show. they are the most boring band in a live setting which is odd considering they have some very powerful songs. their setlists are a joke, too.

Will Bozarth said:
how, exactly?

1. We're not from Gothenburg.
2. We don't play that style of death metal.
3. In order to fail, you'd have to lose alot of fans. We don't HAVE any fans to begin with :tickled:

In Flames is selling more records now then they ever have.

Sure, they're going a new direction and STYE blew ass but this album isn't bad in my eyes. I'm a sucker for groove when used tastefully.:dopey: