In Flames - Come Clarity

yeh, yeh, In Flames got tired of making excellent albums that didnt sell bazillions of copies and decided to change and go more comercial instead. oh well. i hope they get rich. i certainly wont give them any more money, but plenty of others will.

Larf03 said:
Cause solos are too old school and dirty ...

neal said:
yeh, yeh, In Flames got tired of making excellent albums that didnt sell bazillions of copies and decided to change and go more comercial instead. oh well. i hope they get rich. i certainly wont give them any more money, but plenty of others will.

:worship: how true guys... my thoughts exactly.

AALLGOD said:
Don't like it too much. At least I still have Dark Tranquillity... they will never go bad on me.

I dig this album but you're right, DT are gods. :cool:

track 11 on the Gallery is a gift to anyone living, jesus...what a track.

anyway

As for this new In flames...it isn't anything new really. I'm glad the band has evolved into a different sound instead of getting more stale with the old (Clayman wasn't too different from Colony, it would've got redundant). Ander's clean vox. on the last two were horrible..some melodic lines were allright, but overall they were just kinda bummer. While I really liked some songs, I respected the band for keeping their integrity and not giving a shit...however, with this new record they seem to be sounding a little rushed and carried away with playing faster riffs and heavier shit without much variation. His vocals have improved here very much....no extreme jonathan davis seizures which is a relief. I just think the band could have spent more time writing this...that's all

Dreadful said:
track 11 on the Gallery is a gift to anyone living, jesus...what a track.

anyway

As for this new In flames...it isn't anything new really. I'm glad the band has evolved into a different sound instead of getting more stale with the old (Clayman wasn't too different from Colony, it would've got redundant). Ander's clean vox. on the last two were horrible..some melodic lines were allright, but overall they were just kinda bummer. While I really liked some songs, I respected the band for keeping their integrity and not giving a shit...however, with this new record they seem to be sounding a little rushed and carried away with playing faster riffs and heavier shit without much variation. His vocals have improved here very much....no extreme jonathan davis seizures which is a relief. I just think the band could have spent more time writing this...that's all

yeah, somewhat. half of the songs are like meh, sure, and the others are like woo...

still, when I heard the going a step higher scream in Crawling Through Knives, I was like "holy shit"

Eh. .... havent heard this new disc yet at all. I thought the last was entirely forgettable. "14 Songs" is actually pretty good, despite having the worst mix and production of anything in my CD changer.

I kept getting the feeling that they were trying to ride the "nu-metal" wave with thier last cd. Christ I hate that term ;P

Ok, well. I've been listening to in flames for some time now... since about half the Reroute to remain CD in flames sorta changed routes... but IMO not DRASTICALLY which is a good thing. The new album sucks for older fans and rocks omg wtf bbq for newer fans. And to you newer fans I tell you this : Listen to some Lunar Strain or Whoreacle. End

PS : To the one saying "it's not solos just cause it's a guitar riff." As long as one guitar plays a diff. high pitched riff that only he is playing... I call that a solo... Fast or not or whatever you think a solo is (Which is prolly "omg like fast stuff at the end of the song!!!1!!!1111eleven")

(sorry can't edit cause not registered)

A solo can also be of low pitch, but these solos suck :p kkthx.