IN FLAMES-Come Clarity

solefald said:
well 36 $ for an old mini...not bad.
I sold my Toll Salival Box for 80€ and bought it years ago for 35€

Haha, I got my original LS for $20 including shipping from Brazil, and I know a guy was saying it cost him 80 euros... could be lying, but there was certain agiotage around In Flames around Soundtrack release.

Look at those boxed sets - they are going at $200 (that dont-sit-your-ass-on-it-plexiglass box), and those wooden ones were around $300 on eBay at times... someone bright enough could have made money... cuz personally see no much value in label's special editions bullshit :)

To be quite honest, I like the album. And I dislike the fact that I'll be missing them playing literally 2 blocks from my school on Wednesday, because of class... or something... I forget why. But yeah, I find it to be a quite interesting departure (in some ways) from the past couple of albums. And while I will forever appreciate Whoracle and Colony the most (the latter more), and try my best to really like TJR and still fail, I do like this album as an IF album, regardless of what's come before.

~kov.

Kovenant84 said:
To be quite honest, I like the album. And I dislike the fact that I'll be missing them playing literally 2 blocks from my school on Wednesday, because of class... or something... I forget why. But yeah, I find it to be a quite interesting departure (in some ways) from the past couple of albums. And while I will forever appreciate Whoracle and Colony the most (the latter more), and try my best to really like TJR and still fail, I do like this album as an IF album, regardless of what's come before.

~kov.

Oh you suck, and you suck baaaadly :D

I'll be there to kick you arse out of the classroom, just let me know where it is :D

Well, having found out about it on Friday from a random poster up on a wall didn't help me too much. They're playing with... Trivium I think, and someone else... don't remember. But the venue is really creepy... mostly because it's usually a club (aka, the dancing kind with room's for things like 80's music and such... and as far as I know, the only stage there is also used for... "dancing guys"... on "Ladies Night")

Kovenant84 said:
Well, having found out about it on Friday from a random poster up on a wall didn't help me too much. They're playing with... Trivium I think, and someone else... don't remember. But the venue is really creepy... mostly because it's usually a club (aka, the dancing kind with room's for things like 80's music and such... and as far as I know, the only stage there is also used for... "dancing guys"... on "Ladies Night")

Haha, awesome :D That gona be one tight show :p

//I'm singing Bullet Ride ;)

Kov, you need to rebel. Why you missing both these great shows man? I get the impression the new In Flames stuff will be good live, and they might play some reasonably fresh older stuff for us... Maybe Embody the Invisible... Or Biosphere *drools*... you don't wanna miss Biosphere *drools* do you.

King Chaos said:
Kov, you need to rebel. Why you missing both these great shows man? I get the impression the new In Flames stuff will be good live, and they might play some reasonably fresh older stuff for us... Maybe Embody the Invisible... Or Biosphere *drools*... you don't wanna miss Biosphere *drools* do you.

Come on - he's American, he lives by the code, tends to be easily controlled by school schedule... amn, Sweden is fucking 6000 miles away :p

I'm coming to fucking New York a few hundred miles away and he can't make 2 blocks to the show :D

Something is fucking wrong with these people :D

Lol, I'm actually staying home today cause the gf isn't feeling well. I don't mind missing IF, but the fact that DT isn't coming to NY is the main reason I'll miss them...

unless of course I'm blind and they are coming to ny...

~kov.

Nitronium Blood said:
The tr00 members of In Flames died in a plane crash while returning home from their Clayman promotion tour.

The people who now closely resemble them are nothing but imposters.

:(

ahahah lol!

anyway, come clarity is even worse than STYE in my opinion.
only two tracks are actually "listenable".
the rest is embarassing, second-hand wimp metal.

i used to like'em a lot before: colony and clayman were not my favourite albums, but at least that In Flames sound was still there..

now i don't understand why anders frieden is trying to be jonathan davies so bad...

as someone wrote before: it's not about being mainstream or not. it's about playing good music.

I think I realised the other day what Friden's problem is... And I'm going to spell it out really long windedly and say things you all already know...

They were a major part of the Gothenberg movement. In recent interviews Friden has described how amazing it felt to sell out shows in this homely corner of the world while overseas alot of people had no idea about the metal phenominon growing in scandinavia.

Then as with all things aimed at an audience of submersive egocentric pseudo intellectuals, people got sick of the sound and it became almost blackballed... like Prog rock did in the 70s. And like grunge did. And like numetal and metalcore has etc... But there was still a demand for this folk tinged melodic deathmetal outside of sweden. So our favourite bands carried it on and the home scene died and moved on to other things, like Entombed.

But the audience outside of sweden was just niche. Then the Numetal craze hit in 2000-2002 and In Flames, who were still a strong band at the time, saw it as their chance to be part of yet another "important" scene; made up of a youth filled with angst, agression, vitality and angst. However they were oblivious to the Mainstream incantations of this form of metal and didn't realise their precious niche would either be in denile over their change in sound (on reroute) or would just abandon them completely (poor Friden).

So in the following years after touring with Slipknot and doing the whole mainstream metal thing, we all saw in flames, not neccesarily as sell outs, because I dont think they were fully aware of what they were becoming, but definately as attention seeking whores.

The Numetal scene died just like the Gothenburg scene did 10 years earlier, and inflames were once again homeless with their mainstream sound (except for in the hearts of a few uneducated peasants and some very loyal fans who found it too devastating to let go... I dunno, maybe they all have tattoos or something from when inflames were good...).

But then to Friden's rescue: the Xcore Emo scene blows up in america, made up of bands heavily influenced by gothenburg metal... and bands that are influenced by the bands that are influenced by swedish metal... and then bands that are influenced by the bands influenced by the bands that are influenced by swedish metal... and these bands also take influence from greenday too.

So In Flames put on a short sleeved checkered shirt and some tight jeans and decide on their new album they will defo be part of a hugely popular scene if they take influence from bands influenced by bands that are influenced by bands influenced by swedish bands, ala In Flames.

The end product is a totally washed up sived out generic piece of now mainstream anal leekage... that although has little artistic validity, is still catchy in places and because inflames are taking influence from a long line of bands that originated from a late wirship of In Flames' early sound, have slightly returned back to their roots. Yey.

It boils down to: Friden wants to recapture that feeling he had when he was selling out shows in '94 for crowds of true lovers of music. But instead he just looks like a whore.

Nitronium Blood said:
The tr00 members of In Flames died in a plane crash while returning home from their Clayman promotion tour.

The people who now closely resemble them are nothing but imposters.

:(

Agreed :erk: . Poor Anders, Jesper and Bjorn, I hope they didn't suffer.

Undo Control: Bad boy. You HAVE (yes, that's an order) to download the whole Whoracle cd. It has IMO one of the greatest (if not the greatest) In Flames instrumental track, which is "Dialogue with the Stars".

Now coming back to tha topic of the post. I don't get with bands this day. EVERY F***ING BAND THAT I LOVE IS SELLING OUT!!!

WHY COB?!?

WHY IN FLAMES!?!

DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR OLD FANS ANYMORE?!?

The sad answer: Of course not.

If they did, why would they release such shitty albums?

I have heard Come Clarity a few times now, and even though it is slightly better than STYE, it still happens to me that everytime I hear the album I WANT TO PUT AN AXE THROUGH MY COMPUTER TO MAKE IT STOP! (insert phsyco and traumatic voice) MAKE IT STOOOOP! MAKE IT STOOOOP!

I mean, wtf is up with the emo-like choruses! The album is very mainstream (again, sadly enough I'm getting used to it). But yet again, not even nu-metal mainstream, but some kind of emo-metalcore mainstream. :ill: I think I'll be sick.

I hope that what Nitronium Blood says is true. But then again, they'd be shaking in their wombs. They wouldn't be resting in peace.

I wonder what the members of DT think about this album?

They'd probably go :ill: :yuk: .

Ah well, at least we have DT :worship: :headbang: :worship: