IN FLAMES-Come Clarity

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Agreed :erk: . Poor Anders, Jesper and Bjorn, I hope they didn't suffer.

EVERY F***ING BAND THAT I LOVE IS SELLING OUT!!!

WHY COB?!?

WHY IN FLAMES!?!

DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR OLD FANS ANYMORE?!?

The sad answer: Of course not.

I wonder what the members of DT think about this album?

They'd probably go :ill: :yuk: .

Ah well, at least we have DT :worship: :headbang: :worship:

I feel so betrayed by R2R and STYE, old IF like The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony was what inspired me. I can tolerate Come Clarity and I must admit that it reminds me a little bit of their old roots, their old guitar harmonies. But no way this is on par with their old work.

Thanks to DT which is our true savior in this age of bands trying to sell out :worship: They are getting better with every realease and continue to impress us~! :headbang:

In my opinion, just let the bands do what they do. Whether they want to sell out, or change the style of the music, it's their choice, not ours. While I don't enjoy new COB/In Flames, that does not mean they sold out, it just means a new audience will enjoy it more than we enjoy it. In the meantime, I get to discover new bands that are writing new music, and have their own style to improve upon/ruin.

No one is suggesting it is our choice. It is however, totally unnatural for a band to literally turn it's back on it's fanbase to try and appeal to new more mainstream niche scenes. It's not worth it.

It's like you're, we can't be dissapointed that they never met their potential.

But yeah I agree, there's soooo many other bands out there that rule more so than in flames, and so it's not too heart breaking that they don't sound swedish or good anymore... although the new album is alright, despite it only being so because it's kinda catchy.

King Chaos said:
No one is suggesting it is our choice. It is however, totally unnatural for a band to literally turn it's back on it's fanbase to try and appeal to new more mainstream niche scenes. It's not worth it.
How metal are you, if you do write music the way others want you to do?

Who is the fan-base? 14-16 y/olds... and even if you 25 - do you know what's going on in the heads of the bandmates? People change, influenced by environment, and all that is being reflected in the music.

IN FLAMES would "sell out" ANYWAY.

And - the next album is already written.

plintus said:
King Chaos said:

How metal are you, if you do write music the way others want you to do?
Well that's what they are doing, by making Nu-Metal albums, and now pretty much Metalcore/Emo album.

King Chaos said:
Well that's what they are doing, by making Nu-Metal albums, and now pretty much Metalcore/Emo album.

Nope, I say they do what they want to do.

To please someone, to piss someone off (for sure, haha), but still - they do what they like, or they wouldn't be around any longer. If you don't like them - you don't listen to them, simple as that. And creating fuss/noise about them - already pays off (name is on the market, haha).

Whatever. After years of watching the same talk on the forums (and that was for good 4-5 years now) going in circles (spiral?) Im ignoring it all. But strangely fanboiz piss me off more than haters :D

solefald said:
:lol: you know they weared LINKIN FLAMES-shirts some times ago?

This was a splash on one of the fan-sites not that lng ago :)

LINKIN_FLAMES.gif

well just found out which 3rd band is going to play with them on their european clarity tour, a french metal band called DAGOBa:sounds a little bit like Mnemic and Korn. Nothing really special.but could be nice as a live band. but no band where I would buy the records
ok now we have 3 totally different bands on the tour, this aint so bad. but a melodic death metal band would be a better choice than this nu metal thing

I guess y'all been sucking on your mums' titties when [LINK]IN FLAMES shirts came out. I guess, you are keeping on sucking, but lemme enlighten you with some historical facts.

There was a fest in Sweden, can't recall it's name at the moment, but they listed Linkin Park as one of the headliners. As soon as it's got known that LP bailed out for some reason, someone made a very smart, ironic and somewhat funny decision to manufacture and dress IN FLAMES (who also were participating) in those tees, while queer comparisons of IF and LP (and Korn and whichever bands those were listening to while no one was looking).

The idea itself was hillarious, as well as a big "FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING COCKMAGGOTS" to all haters.

One of the funniest showbiz moves of all times in my book.

plintus said:
I guess y'all been sucking on your mums' titties when [LINK]IN FLAMES shirts came out. I guess, you are keeping on sucking, but lemme enlighten you with some historical facts.

There was a fest in Sweden, can't recall it's name at the moment, but they listed Linkin Park as one of the headliners. As soon as it's got known that LP bailed out for some reason, someone made a very smart, ironic and somewhat funny decision to manufacture and dress IN FLAMES (who also were participating) in those tees, while queer comparisons of IF and LP (and Korn and whichever bands those were listening to while no one was looking).

The idea itself was hillarious, as well as a big "FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING COCKMAGGOTS" to all haters.

Sometimes I wonder how a band that makes such an amazing album ( The Jester Race), and then falls into this whole other type of thing., there's a loss..you know. I think In Flames is good at what they do, but they've lost that all so sweet melodic death sound. Now it's just rythamic metalcore...with kornish melo drops, and lyrics.

I never heard in flames until clayman. I thought it was awesome, and didn't think Reroute was bad, either. Then I started hearing all these people talk about how weak and soldout in flames is nowadays. So I downloaded some shit off Whoracle and just about shit my pants thinking "These people definitely have something to be pissed about!"

For me, it's not that their new albums suck, but compared to TJR and Whoracle, it's like comparing Master of Puppets with Load. It just don't measure up.

If I had been into In Flames back in the day, I think I would have written them off by now, as many people have, so I feel fortunate that I heard their new shit first!

plintus said:

Haha agreed :lol: . Haha Link In Flames...haha :lol: :lol:.

Devin651 said:
I never heard in flames until clayman. I thought it was awesome, and didn't think Reroute was bad, either. Then I started hearing all these people talk about how weak and soldout in flames is nowadays. So I downloaded some shit off Whoracle and just about shit my pants thinking "These people definitely have something to be pissed about!"

For me, it's not that their new albums suck, but compared to TJR and Whoracle, it's like comparing Master of Puppets with Load. It just don't measure up.

If I had been into In Flames back in the day, I think I would have written them off by now, as many people have, so I feel fortunate that I heard their new shit first!

Lucky guy indeed.... i mean there has beena lot of bands that have...well how to up it... without saying they are sellouts...... well i think i did say it after all so i will contionue...

Well i just have to say this.. in flames was great and now for me it is the saddest downfall in metal.... ( yeah even worse than mettalica and i must say i was a die hard mettalica fan).

I mean just look ta that videoclip in flames have nowadays with girls washinga car.. WTF.... we may befin to call them ...

PUFF FLAMIES.

Here i said it.. sue me.. flame me, or whatever.. but post clayman they just SUCK ASS..... ( im not the greatest fan of the clayman album by the way....).