IN FLAMES-Come Clarity

I thought that only those angry kids at the Blabbermouth were full of shit... but I guess that goes for any metal fans' community... pfffffffff...

*yawns*

I mean - I can agree with musical taste differences, but saying "Fuck In Flames, because I hate Fridén" - that's pretty much where I'm ready to lose my face.

I dunno why but I dont like the new album, its just not as catchy anymore... I loved reroute to remain and I think its the best from the new in flames stuff (dont have to mention that the old stuff is amazing still no? hehe) but nah, come clarity doesnt get me really... its mostly boring and I dont like his voice...

I never listened to RtT or STYE, but Come claritiy is nowhere around The jester race or Whoracle. Although I liked CC when I listened to it the first two times, it got utterly boring after that. Why? Practically no rifs, no solos, no melody (or if there is some of it it's so quiet you can't hear it). There's a lot of metalcore style power chords for people to headbang and make happy mosh circles... which is great live, but unsatisfactonary as a cd.

IMO, Colony is still enjoyable, yet it did feel like a bad omen. Gayman has got a few decent tracks, but nothing really outstanding. RtR is simply terrible, and I didn't bother checking out StYE. And, from what you guys tell me, seems I shouldn't bother with this one either

plintus said:
I thought that only those angry kids at the Blabbermouth were full of shit... but I guess that goes for any metal fans' community... pfffffffff...

*yawns*

I mean - I can agree with musical taste differences, but saying "Fuck In Flames, because I hate Fridén" - that's pretty much where I'm ready to lose my face.

I agree. Something must be wrong with those ppl. Sounds like a neurotic personal problem to me. :Spin:

It has their handwriting, anothe good album, but nothing new. IF are stil band no.1 in Melodic Death Metal to me (even if some their newer stuff is more modern rock/hard rock).
I am looking forward to se them live in spring.

RampageSword said:
Are you aware that you are posting this on the Dark Tranquillity forum? We just might have to kill you :D
He, I am listeng to DT right now...you know that I like DT (why would I be here?) but In Flames are In Flames...they brought me into MDM.

Yeah well same thing for me, IF made me discover MDM (well it's more "Gothenberg Sound" to me) but when I heard "The Gallery" for the first time I went :eek: ...:OMG: and now DT has been my #1 since then.

RampageSword said:
Yeah well same thing for me, IF made me discover MDM (well it's more "Gothenberg Sound" to me) but when I heard "The Gallery" for the first time I went :eek: ...:OMG: and now DT has been my #1 since then.

I'm keeping both bands in #1 slot - anything wrong with that?

well I think that In Flames have had many different era so I can't really say if one album was better than an other ....because I just like all of them :)

btw - still can't get enough from the new one :loco: