IN FLAMES-Come Clarity

Heheh, as I am the official In Flames-fanboy around here nobody will probably notice me, but I just love the new album. It doesn't get anywhere near pre-RTR-Inflames but it gives R2R and STYE a good beating. Songs like Vanishing light, woah!

I'm so looking forward to the In Flames&Sepultura gig in March, the club where they play is really small, it's going to be a killer \m/

Now Im listening to it (I bought it yesterday), I just can't be negative. Even with it's moments of weird ass nu-metal, they don't sound like korn anymore, they sound interesting. And the album has plenty of meaty forfilling melodies. Many many harmonies and riffs that remind me of pre Colony In Flames. Female vocals are absolute shite and so over done now. That track has a mint chorus and pre chorus, and a riff straight ripped off of Atrophia Red Sun, but it's a good riff... so it's overall enjoyable.

And not liking In Flames because Friden is a cocky idiot isn't stupid. The guy's demeanour has actually hurt my feelings at some gigs I've been to.

I've gotten used to In Flames missing the logical target for them, but on this album, they pull off bad ideas bareably, and nail alot of fucking amazing ideas.

Xzar said:
I'm so looking forward to the In Flames&Sepultura gig in March,

Yes - I'm waiting for it as well.... I bought my ticket already 3 weeks ago for the gig in Berlin :devil:

solefald said:
yeah KC would be interesting. anyway I need to buy my ticket for munich next time, 26 or 28 €uros...expensive

yep - Germany is always expensive - i've paid 27,60 Eur and it was the cheepest way to get a ticket (through trinityconcerts as an e-ticket) and if i wanted to get a cts i've had to pay not less than 30 Eur and more. :ill:

Dark_Silence said:
last time i went to a concert i only pad 19 euros

Always depends on band/promoter, $100 for a ticket (good spot) isn't that expensive if to think about it :Smug: But that goes more for Bon Jovi and MTV shtuff :Smug:

plintus said:
I'm keeping both bands in #1 slot - anything wrong with that?

No. As far as I know, there anything wrong with having any band at all in the #1 slot. It's all a question of opinion. DT kicks ass.

Geri said:
yep - Germany is always expensive - i've paid 27,60 Eur and it was the cheepest way to get a ticket (through trinityconcerts as an e-ticket) and if i wanted to get a cts i've had to pay not less than 30 Eur and more. :ill:

34 euros here :/. The place where they play is awesome though! Relatively small club, I'm hoping I could get to chat with some of them.

Dark_Silence said:
was for the last DT tour .

Here it's around $30 with ticketmaster's rip-off fees: the ticket itself is around $20, the rest goes for convenience and venue fees. Fuck that, but oh well :D

plintus said:
Here it's around $30 with ticketmaster's rip-off fees: the ticket itself is around $20, the rest goes for convenience and venue fees. Fuck that, but oh well :D

Same bull**it here...But I figure it's all worth it in the end. Stpid internet fees like shipping and handling is also pissing me off. For the Opeth/DT/Devin Towsend the ticket cost me a total of 48$ (CAN) and that IS expensive.

RampageSword said:
Same bull**it here...But I figure it's all worth it in the end. Stpid internet fees like shipping and handling is also pissing me off. For the Opeth/DT/Devin Towsend the ticket cost me a total of 48$ (CAN) and that IS expensive.

Shipping and handling are fair, btw, and I don't mind paying for that, but fees coming out from the air - hmmmm... And - I don't mind paying $30 at all (never been a cheap fuck), understand me right - I'm not whining about few extra $$$ to spend, but when the advertised price and total are different - that's rather frustrating. Enough of those sale taxes in the States :D

The Jester Race in my opinion, is there best work. Amazing album. Hands down. In Flames has evolved, and I definately think Come Clarity is better then their previous albums. I have nothing against their newer work, though. However, I wish they can incorperate some of their old habits into their newer stuff.

Time i posted here, i guess. (Note: low-quality post next.) To answer sole's question, i haven't heard "Come clarity", so i can't say how good i think it is. What's more, my list of In Flames songs has only 25 items, six of which are live versions of songs from "The Tokyo showdown". The rest is stuff from "Reroute to remain", "The jester race" and "Lunar strain & subterranean", which, as far as i know, is (relatively) old stuff. So.. my apologies, kind of, for giving more and more points to IF without being up-to-date with what they've put out (i believe i've stated my reason(s) to do so in the best band thread).

Well I love In Flames pretty much (old and new one) so,to me,CC is a good album and I listened it quite number of times already..yes,they are changed and everyone doesn't like it,but I think they still can make good songs,and did on CC...just my opinion...oh,and yes:also being happy 'cause I'm going to see them in 3 months in my country (for the first time) :)